Home

The HB direct

This is a discussion on The HB direct within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: The HB direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
so be on the lookout for it. call your defense and adjust your audibles accordingly. don't rely on the computer to do it for you.it all goes back to people not wanting to abandon their pet defenses. a dime defense shouldn't magically be able to shut down a direct snap just because its been run to death. thats not how it football works. really the snap accuracy is the only legitimate beef in terms of sim football. losers make excuses, winners make adjustments. harsh but true...
I do agree that a dime defense should not be able to shut down the thing because someone is running it to death, but if people play realistically then when they see the formations that the HB direct is in, then they are most likely going to be in Dime or at best Nickel. As far as how football works, I know how it works but what most fail to see is if you are approaching these games with how football works, you might get the short end of the stick. How football works and how the game works can be and often is different UNFORTUNATELY - harsh but true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 17

If anything, fumble percentages should go down the more times you run the play simply because your center and running back would be getting used to the play
Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
If anything, fumble percentages should go down the more times you run the play simply because your center and running back would be getting used to the play
maybe very slightly but doubtful since a task that's difficult and unnatural is still difficult and unnatural even after alot of practice. but even so, if it did go down it'd be very minute. if the percentage was high enough, say 20%, then after running the play 10 times it would go down to 19%, you'd still be looking at 2 fumbles the first time you run it 10 times and 2 fumbles the second time you run it 10 times. you'd have to run the play nearly the entire game on 15 minute quarters to even get it down to 10%, which would equate to 1 fumble every 10 snaps.

so see even though it went down from repetition it's fairly meaningless since if it was realistic chance of fumble to start with then that aspect is moot. if it was an accurate and high % like in real life then people would be using it maybe once or twice a game...ahem..kinda like how it should be used.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #28
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't run the hb direct myself, but it doesn't really bother me when people use it against me. It is the same thing when people got mad that opponets were making their quarteback scramble and then heave the ball 50 yards.

I would like to see a "higher fumbling percentage" on this play because it is really difficult to execute in real life. However, i love it when people use this play against me all the time. Once I figured out how to defend it, i almost prayed for opponets to overuse it. I found that once you shut down the HB direct, opponets became lost, and didn't have anything else to fall back on.

I guess i am saying that it would be nice if it wasn't such a cheese play, but if it is the same, dont complain, just figure out how to beat it. No play is unstoppable. You just need to learn how to be successful in, i guess, the rules the videogame has.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG
I don't run the hb direct myself, but it doesn't really bother me when people use it against me. It is the same thing when people got mad that opponets were making their quarteback scramble and then heave the ball 50 yards.

I would like to see a "higher fumbling percentage" on this play because it is really difficult to execute in real life. However, i love it when people use this play against me all the time. Once I figured out how to defend it, i almost prayed for opponets to overuse it. I found that once you shut down the HB direct, opponets became lost, and didn't have anything else to fall back on.

I guess i am saying that it would be nice if it wasn't such a cheese play, but if it is the same, dont complain, just figure out how to beat it. No play is unstoppable. You just need to learn how to be successful in, i guess, the rules the videogame has.
i can see where you're coming from but i think it's mainly not that people get unhappy with someone using it even if it's 5 or 6 times a game. it's when they use it 30-35 times a game and it just eats at you because you know how that would never happen in a real game. i agree though it's by no means unstoppable and once you shut someone down that abuses it they usually just quit on you.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #30
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i can see where you're coming from but i think it's mainly not that people get unhappy with someone using it even if it's 5 or 6 times a game. it's when they use it 30-35 times a game and it just eats at you because you know how that would never happen in a real game. i agree though it's by no means unstoppable and once you shut someone down that abuses it they usually just quit on you.
I completely understand, and i get frustrated too when it feels like I am not playing a "true" college football game when someone runs the same play over and over. But I am usually only concerned about the "Dubya", and one sure fire way to lose to me is to run the same play over and over.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG
I completely understand, and i get frustrated too when it feels like I am not playing a "true" college football game when someone runs the same play over and over. But I am usually only concerned about the "Dubya", and one sure fire way to lose to me is to run the same play over and over.
I agree, i can usually adjust too, i say usually cuz some cheesers are just alot better than me on the stick. some of them could probably even beat me if they played normal. but the most funnerest games are most def the ones where people mix it up and at least play plausible, even if they do SOME things that are not realistic.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2006, 07:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I do agree that a dime defense should not be able to shut down the thing because someone is running it to death, but if people play realistically then when they see the formations that the HB direct is in, then they are most likely going to be in Dime or at best Nickel. As far as how football works, I know how it works but what most fail to see is if you are approaching these games with how football works, you might get the short end of the stick. How football works and how the game works can be and often is different UNFORTUNATELY - harsh but true
couldn't agree more...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »