Home

Neutral site game stadiums

This is a discussion on Neutral site game stadiums within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
Neutral site game stadiums

Will The 360 version have nutral game sites? You know UF-UGA in Jax and OU-UT at the Cotton Bowl?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Neutral site game stadiums

Yep. IGN has an HD video of UT vs OU at the Cotton Bowl.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

yes but there is some speculation that the nuetral site wasnt actually the cotton bowl, but one of their generics
so its yet to be seen
Old 06-25-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
Will The 360 version have nutral game sites? You know UF-UGA in Jax and OU-UT at the Cotton Bowl?
I've been to OU texas every year (with '96, '00, '05 as exceptions) since 1987 and I can tell you with absolute confidence that the stadium in the IGN video is absolutely NOT the Cotton Bowl. The only thing that even comes close to tying the generic venue they used in with the Cotton Bowl is the placement of the OU side of the 50 on the end of the generic stadium with the ramp/tunnel. As far as aesthetics, the stadium in the video looks nothing like the Cotton Bowl and has none of the surrounding landmarks that would be within the 2 mile radius (ferris wheel, big tex, and the all important corny dog stand outside of the west side of the stadium) This leads me to believe that we'll probably get the BCS bowl game stadiums but none of the 2nd tier and below bowl games (ie, Cotton, Gator, Holiday, et al) unless they happen to also be a home stadium to one of the 70 something stadiums that are in the game.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
Rookie

Here's a picture from my seats at the Cotton Bowl (hope that the attached file actually works). It's pretty clear that EA has passed on recreating the Cotton Bowl and, in turn, would indicate that they've done the same for all the other non-BCS bowls that aren't already in there for a team (ie, San Diego State playing in the Holiday Bowl)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outexpic.jpg (55.9 KB, 244 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 12:40 PM   #6
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
Here's a picture from my seats at the Cotton Bowl (hope that the attached file actually works). It's pretty clear that EA has passed on recreating the Cotton Bowl and, in turn, would indicate that they've done the same for all the other non-BCS bowls that aren't already in there for a team (ie, San Diego State playing in the Holiday Bowl)

What does the stadium look like in the video? Is there a link somebody can give me? Thanks
Old 06-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
What does the stadium look like in the video? Is there a link somebody can give me? Thanks
it's on ign insider, so it can't be posted (pics or movie). the stadium that ea uses in place of the cotton bowl looks like what it is, that being a generic big bowl game type neutral site. if i had to compare it to any particular stadium, it does look a little like the fiesta bowl. in any event, it's a certainty that it is a generic stadium being used on the video.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5

There is absolutely no excuse for the actual stadiums of the SEC, ACC, and Big XII (for this year) Championship games.

Just a little communication between the NCAA and Madden teams is all that is needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »