Home

Auburn

This is a discussion on Auburn within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Auburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Haha, a videogame is cheapens the song, but a keychain doesn't. That's excellent rationale.

How did one "old hag" come in sole possesion of the song, did she author it or something?
I think her husband wrote it and the school somehow forgot to renew the copyright. That may not even be close to the story but I dont feel like looking it at.

A little trivia: at one time, Sir Paul McCartney owned the rights to a ton of fight songs. I believe he might still own the rights to Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, and Rutger's fight songs. Once again, dont hold me to that as I dont feel like looking it up and confirming it.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
War Eagle is the name of the university's official fight song. It is played before and after games, as well as immediately after Auburn scores. (Auburn plays Glory, Glory, to Ole Auburn after an extra point.)

War Eagle was written in 1954 and 1955 by New York songwriters Robert Allen and Al Stillman. The Auburn Victory March had been the fight song for decades. Auburn University Marching Band director Burton R. Leidner introduced the song during the 1955 season opener versus Chattanooga.

Auburn University currently does not hold ownership of the copyright for War Eagle. The university did not renew it (by mistake) and the copyright is currently held by Robert Allen's wife. Therefore, companies selling products with War Eagle being played must acquire licensing from Mrs. Allen as well as Auburn University. There is an active movement within the university to regain the ownership of the song.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #11
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

I really really wish Auburn's fight song would be added to the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Damn, can't Auburn just give the old bat a crapload of money to gain sole possession of it?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #13
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

She probably refuses any money just so she can remain in control. I would do the same but, I would only allow it in video games and not in cheap keychains. Even as a Bama fan I wish the song was in the game. It just never feels right to get to the Iron Bowl each season and not hear Auburn's fight song.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
She probably refuses any money just so she can remain in control. I would do the same but, I would only allow it in video games and not in cheap keychains. Even as a Bama fan I wish the song was in the game. It just never feels right to get to the Iron Bowl each season and not hear Auburn's fight song.

Yes, rolltide, you have heard it an awful lot the last four years... HAHA
Old 06-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #15
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascocm
Yes, rolltide, you have heard it an awful lot the last four years... HAHA

Oh snap, that was good!...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Oh snap, that was good!...

Yes. they play it whenever Auburn scores and before and after the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »