Home

New vids at gamespot

This is a discussion on New vids at gamespot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New vids at gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
First of all, thanks for your response - other than the one noted above. I would absolutely LOVE to comment on it, but I'll bite my tongue because it'll sidetrack the thread. The implication that I bring up 2K5 all the time... yet as usual it's not me bringing it up, it's some self-conscious individual that feels the need to serve and protect EA's honor.

I'm glad someone at least called me out on the video. And I'm glad you didn't use one of the three standard excuses in any of your post. It's all a matter of personal opinion really. There's one current gen video versus the many that were taken at E3 and the many videos recently released by various sites. But it's at the very least curious that there isn't both extensive next gen and current gen gameplay video; I'm sure the current gen game has been long completed. I like how you broke out the various areas and commented. Though... it's interesting that Graphics was the only area where there isn't a contest; everything else is up in the air. Shouldn't there be at LEAST a few other areas that had "no contest/no comment"? For the past two years, all I've read in the EA football forums was "Wait until next gen".

Well, next gen is here. And graphics is the only area where the game is noticeably better than current gen? Sadly most people here are hoping for current gen gameplay with next gen graphics - AT BEST. Is this how low the bar is set? If so, then people should continue to keep their fingers crossed, because it's not a given the next gen game will surpass the current gen in terms of gameplay. How sad would it be if the bar is set that low - and yet EA/Tiburon still trip over it.
Nahhh....I'm definately not an EA apologist (self-conscious--maybe). In fact, it was a very emotional (sad/mad) day when I first heard of the exclusive licensing agreement between EA and the NFL. As I seem to recall, I dig most of what you talk about. And, I wholeheartedly agree with your comment on what, we know is a given....the graphical upgrade from current to next gen is the most OBVIOUS improvement. And to a greater degree, you're on the money with the, "Wait until next year" comment. As a whole, it seems that we've come to expect less, over time, from EA's sports titles.
I apologize about the dry and, and slightly, insensitive attempt at humor. The thing that's got me is, I'm really ready for some good football on next gen. I had the 360 since release, and it's been along time since I played good football like 2K5 (may she every live on!) I can't help but to be optimistic. Hopefully, I'll get some good games in online with alot of you fellas. Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »