Home

Gone gold?

This is a discussion on Gone gold? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Icon5 Gone gold?

After E3 they said they still had 5 weeks lefts to work on the game. We are beyond that now. If the ship date is July 4th for a July 18th release, shouldn't the game be gold already or pretty darn soon?

Just pre-ordered yesterday from EBGames and am starting to get pretty pumped for the game. I really hope some site like OS gets an early copy of the game to report some early impressions (360 and current gen). I don't trust IGN to give me real impressions. I haven't read anything about how they addressed the deep ball or short passing game in the current version which has me worried a bit. Even a minor improvement in the passing game, better set of default sliders, and new playbooks will be fine by me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: Gone gold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
After E3 they said they still had 5 weeks lefts to work on the game. We are beyond that now. If the ship date is July 4th for a July 18th release, shouldn't the game be gold already or pretty darn soon?

Just pre-ordered yesterday from EBGames and am starting to get pretty pumped for the game. I really hope some site like OS gets an early copy of the game to report some early impressions (360 and current gen). I don't trust IGN to give me real impressions. I haven't read anything about how they addressed the deep ball or short passing game in the current version which has me worried a bit. Even a minor improvement in the passing game, better set of default sliders, and new playbooks will be fine by me.
i can 100% confirm that there will be at least a couple people here who get the game a week early, and I think I might be one of them
Old 06-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

How come OS doesn't get a beta early anymore? The past few years I believe they got a final version a few days early, but I remember back when 2002 came out they had the game quite far in advance and had the best coverage anywhere posting tons screens and videos of all the most important things.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
How come OS doesn't get a beta early anymore? The past few years I believe they got a final version a few days early, but I remember back when 2002 came out they had the game quite far in advance and had the best coverage anywhere posting tons screens and videos of all the most important things.
We're still (technically) 3 weeks from release. If we got the Beta anytime in the next week... I'd consider that early.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 06-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
We're still (technically) 3 weeks from release. If we got the Beta anytime in the next week... I'd consider that early.
What are the odds you guys will get a copy early? I heard EA cutback on doing some of that stuff. I thought Steve usually got his hands on it first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What are the odds you guys will get a copy early? I heard EA cutback on doing some of that stuff. I thought Steve usually got his hands on it first.
EA Community leaders and the IGN and Gamespots get them first....

Steve could get one as soon as next week.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 06-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #7
R**k**

OVR: 3

I wonder if we will ever see a 360 demo on xbox live? I imagine if we do, it will be long after we get the game.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
True, but it's too bad EA won't send a beta to OS the same time they send it to IGN and Gamespot and the other major gaming media sites.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »