Home

Favorite recruits of all time?

This is a discussion on Favorite recruits of all time? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #17
Rookie

iag04ho's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Favorite recruits of all time?

Recently...in NCAA 06...QB 10 Bobby Barbato UTEP....kid was an absolute animal...dont remember exactly but he was about 6'4 215 w/ 85 Speed and an Amazing passer...won Back 2 Back Heisman's his Junior and Senior Seasons...and led the Miners to the National Championship and a perfect season in his senior year...had like 125 TDs in his career thats only passing too...mighta been more, kid was a beast...i regret not having Madden 06 so i could draft him lol
Old 06-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #18
Rookie

#7 Jarred Wilkinson, CB/WR

Think Ted Ginn Jr. He played really great defense and was a great slot player. He never had an amazing statistical season, but he was fun to build the offense around. I'd always pass it to him on the screen play a couple times a game and his speed would allow him to burst one of the times.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #19
Rookie

binhamin's Arena

My first is the one I remember the most. It was back on NCAA Football '98.

His name was Otis Stoutmire, and he came in as the #5 RB recruit in the country. I also had landed the #1 RB recruit, but after he coughed it up on 3 straight possessions, in came Stoutmire. I wasn't really running the ball, but when I gave Stoutmire the ball for the first time and he ripped off a 85 yard TD, I knew he was the back for me.

To this day, I still try to get a back who can score at will like Stoutmire did (the 4th and 99 where he took it to the house after I stupidly didn't hit pause before going to the restroom still sticks out in my mind), but I've yet to recruit one. Gotten close, and had a lot of fun looking though.

Last edited by binhamin; 06-29-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #20
Rookie

elephantman1237's Arena

J. J . Howe

I recruited JJ in my 11th season(I had been at RICE for 5) He was a 5 star athlete. He came in as a 83 at QB, 77 at WR, 73 at RB. Because I was running 90% option while using Rice, this guy played EVERYWHERE!! He played WR, RB, QB(only in certain formations), and returned kicks. He won the Heisman as a SOPH and JR!! His stats his JR year were insane! I can't remember em all, but I know he ran for over 1500+, while throwing for 1000+. He has like 400 recieving and returned 11 kicks for TDs!! He was AMAZING!!! I gave him the MAX pts to try to get him to stay but after that season it couldn't be done...

I still miss em!

Old 06-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #21
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by binhamin
(the 4th and 99 where he took it to the house after I stupidly didn't hit pause before going to the restroom still sticks out in my mind)
Dude! A few questions:

1. Why would you go for it on 4th and 99?

2. How the hell could you be in the bathroom that long? Off the top of my head, to do that you would've had to have been in there for 18 Delay of Game calls. With a :25 play clock, that's seven and a half minutes. Hope everything went allright in there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 PM   #22
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5

going for it on 4th and 99 is the definition of straight ball.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

I had this offensive lineman freak who was like 6-5 350 pounds but he suffered from the glitch that made him look like he was a slim WR.

It was a 2 player 1 team dynasty with a friend, so I always controlled him.

Can't recall the first name, but last name was "Lazerus"... in newer versions of the game I always recruit surname Lazerus regardless of their position or skill in honor of him.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #24
Rookie

StatMan79's Arena

OVR: 5

There once was a three-time Heisman running back and his name was...

Rex Hoofnagle.

This guy was the NCAA Football 2003 recruited version of Barry Sanders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »