Home

Special Players' Numbers

This is a discussion on Special Players' Numbers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
rac
Rookie

OVR: 2
Special Players' Numbers

What numbers do you give certain guys in your dynasty as a "tradition" such as how michigan gives #1 to (?) its best wide receiver and syracuse #44 (again ?) to its best running back. Give certain criteria that must be met for the number.(ie.class, position, stats)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Special Players' Numbers

I don't give any particular numbers but I'll usually change big recruits numbers if I don't like them. Especially wide receivers, who always seem to have numbers in the 80's once they are recruited. I usually make sure some of my better receivers have some single digit numbers like #1 or #9. I am quite picky on who wears Rudy's #45 though; I play as Notre Dame.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

I observe Ohio State's tradition of retired numbers (I wish EA would put these in the game for all schools). I don't retire the jersey of guys I win the Heisman with in the game. Maybe I should this year.

Since there isn't anything close to an 85 man roster, all my graduating seniors and NFL entrants have their number "retired" for the following year.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

For me it all depends. If there is one player that puts together a career that is absolutely amazing, I will give that # to a future player if he earns it his first few years.

But for certain teams, there are numbers I wont allow any player to wear. #17 and #2 at FSU (Charlie Ward, Deion Sanders).
Old 06-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
For me it all depends. If there is one player that puts together a career that is absolutely amazing, I will give that # to a future player if he earns it his first few years.

But for certain teams, there are numbers I wont allow any player to wear. #17 and #2 at FSU (Charlie Ward, Deion Sanders).
I don't let them wear #2, #17, #25, #34, #50, or #53 and only beast get to wear #28, #9, #16, #55, and #10. I don't assign #19 freely either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Starting out, I don't have any numbers retired. But as seasons progress, if a player is truly special for my program, his number will be retired. With recruits, I do some number changing around too - I try to get at least one skill position starter with a number in the single digits.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

I usually give a backup free safety or linebacker the #12 and control him on kickoff coverage for A&M's 12th Man.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

When I play as Notre Dame I give the special skills player #3.
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »