Home

About time for "Where is it" Sticky?

This is a discussion on About time for "Where is it" Sticky? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: About time for "Where is it" Sticky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
See, I'm with you on this, but this leads to an almost-certain letdown. You get so worked up that you just can't wait to get your hands on it, all the while thinking that this is gonna be the best game in the series ever. More often than not, it isn't.

All the different websites that get a preview up on their sites also do us no favours. By the time we've read everything, we know exactly what the game is gonna be like. I miss the old days when I would buy a game and have no idea whether it'll be better than last year's, and also not let my opinion be skewed by having read x amount of previews and almost looking for problems in the game.

Having said all that, I love every minute of the days leading up to the release.
So true man, every year I get it into my head that July xx (fill in release day) that my world will change, the stars will come into alignment and nothing will ever be the same. It's the hype, I get so excited about it. But invariably after 2 or 3 games I always think "wow, this game is pretty good but it's still just a videogame". It's not just the NCAA or Madden either, I tend to do this about all the big release games.

I think about the only game I didn't feel the "well this is still just a videogame" letdown was Oblivion. After a few hours in that game I felt like "wow this is even better than my wildest dreams".

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: About time for "Where is it" Sticky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
The buildup is most of the fun..Anyone remember NCAA 05?
Or how about 04? Or 2003? Or what about 2002? 2001 was a doozie, too!

This is a useless thread. It's getting locked. We'll put an official "I got it, where I got it" thread up when people actually start getting the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »