Home

Late Hits?

This is a discussion on Late Hits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Late Hits?

I agree shood definetly b on tha game
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

they should be in the game. Its a part of football, so why should the NFL or NCAA have a problem with it?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
they should be in the game. Its a part of football, so why should the NFL or NCAA have a problem with it?
Paying players under the table is also a part of cfb, but I wouldn't count on seeing that in the game any time soon either.

The NCAA wants the game to present their sport in a positive light. The kind of late hits you all seem to be refering to (vicious, obvious cheap shots) don't fit that image, so they aren't going to be in the game.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Paying players under the table is also a part of cfb, but I wouldn't count on seeing that in the game any time soon either.

The NCAA wants the game to present their sport in a positive light. The kind of late hits you all seem to be refering to (vicious, obvious cheap shots) don't fit that image, so they aren't going to be in the game.
I was going to say the same thing.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #21
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

Late hits should definitely be in the game because it is another realistic issue, as a user, that you have to worry about. I remember in games where you could late hit, i would get frustrated after a letting my opponet go for a big gain, and i would late hit out of frustration and it would hurt me.

It is the same thing with the celebrations. sometimes i am way too pumped up about a big touchdown, and i celebrate and it ends up costing me. I would love to have late hits in the game because it will test my temper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 08:47 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

If the NCAA truly wanted to present their sport in a positive light, they would tell EA to take out those over the top celebrations. Just like late hits, they are apart of the real game, and just like late hits, overdoing it will get you a 15 yard penalty. If they continue to allow the celebrations in the videogame, they should allow the late hits, too.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXx
I forget which version of Madden it was that the ambulance would come out and when leaving would run over all the players in its way. I always loved injuring someone just to see that ambulance come out and hit all the people in its way.
Madden '92 - One of the best!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
CB, a previous poster makes an excellent point where people would probably use it to cheese and would keep doing it until your key players get hurt.

That's why we have Blitz - The League.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »