Home

Hopefully they fix

This is a discussion on Hopefully they fix within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Hopefully they fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
If you have put a DB in position to make a play on the ball, the ability to make a play should not be trumped by code that says the WR is so much better than the DB that, by any means necessary, the WR WILL catch that ball. This code has ALWAYS been in EA football games. It needs to be removed as we move into the Next Gen realm.
Dont know what you are talking about but you cant throw deep (unless you have 1 on 1 and a speed advantage) or in to any considerable coverage in Madden, an EA football game, for the last three years.

Takes practice, last years was better than the years before for knocking down passes and picking them off. I thought the running game was more of a question than just throwing deep.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
Dont know what you are talking about but you cant throw deep (unless you have 1 on 1 and a speed advantage) or in to any considerable coverage in Madden, an EA football game, for the last three years.

Takes practice, last years was better than the years before for knocking down passes and picking them off. I thought the running game was more of a question than just throwing deep.
Hmm? You don't know what I'm talking about yet the theme of the thread was the problem with the long ball? One of the complaints about a number of the clips we've seen so far is the completion percentage of the long ball, yet, you don't know what I'm talking about? Wow.

That being said, since you say it hasn't been a problem for the last three years I will have to take your word for it.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
BINGO we have a winner. This is the real problem. And the good news is, at least to give us hope, that in interviews the producers have said this year there is a lot bigger difference in QB's accuracies from the great QB's to the sub-par ones. So maybe that will help alleviate this curse.
Hopefully this will really be the case. Also as a Dynasty player, I hope that the A.I. for the CPU teams will be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of it players. If a team has a QB with average/poor arm strength and accuracy then that team should be be calling pass plays that reflect that. I don't want to keep seeing 11-35, 4 INT games from CPU QB's because of random play calling that doesn't account for personnel.

If you fix the accuracy, fix the play calling too. I may be asking for too much though.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Its a combination of the QB's being too accurate & WR having stick'm on their hands. I think the deep ball should be refined to ball placement on throws & WR adjustment to the ball. Too many bread basket catches. I want to see WR's stop and adjust to the ball and actually out jump the DB. Not just stand in a pile of defenders and the ball get there by any means....
Old 07-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #13
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Its a combination of the QB's being too accurate & WR having stick'm on their hands. I think the deep ball should be refined to ball placement on throws & WR adjustment to the ball. Too many bread basket catches. I want to see WR's stop and adjust to the ball and actually out jump the DB. Not just stand in a pile of defenders and the ball get there by any means....
I would have to agree and say that the long ball is a little too effective, but i have found it pretty easy to defeat. As long as you get the defensive back in front of the reciever and hit the swat button, you are going to have good results. If you are in behind the reciever you have no shot. By in front of, i mean following the reciever, or trailing him.

It is annoying though because i will have a few steps on the wide reciever, and i will have to slow down considerably to get in front of him, and sometimes i slow down too much, and i get beat. But that is my fault, not EA's (at least completely).

It would be great if they made the long ball a little less effective, but as i have said before, it is a videogame, and you have to work within the rules of the game and overcome things that don't seem fair or realistic.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG
I would have to agree and say that the long ball is a little too effective, but i have found it pretty easy to defeat. As long as you get the defensive back in front of the reciever and hit the swat button, you are going to have good results. If you are in behind the reciever you have no shot. By in front of, i mean following the reciever, or trailing him.

It is annoying though because i will have a few steps on the wide reciever, and i will have to slow down considerably to get in front of him, and sometimes i slow down too much, and i get beat. But that is my fault, not EA's (at least completely).

It would be great if they made the long ball a little less effective, but as i have said before, it is a videogame, and you have to work within the rules of the game and overcome things that don't seem fair or realistic.
Its easy to defend because for the longest EA doesnt have Pass Inter in the game so contact is allowed like crazy. But I have seen it called in some vids maybe it was added this year & the rumors about QB's being different is true. But I wouldnt bet on the deep ball being fixed...
Old 07-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

well in the newest oxm they said the long ball and outside run were way to effective or course this was not a final build of the game yet but still has me a bit worried about the long ball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
Hmm? You don't know what I'm talking about yet the theme of the thread was the problem with the long ball? One of the complaints about a number of the clips we've seen so far is the completion percentage of the long ball, yet, you don't know what I'm talking about? Wow.

That being said, since you say it hasn't been a problem for the last three years I will have to take your word for it.
He was actually talking about Madden not NCAA and he's right that the deep ball isn't easy or overly effective in that game (on the PS2 anyways). Heck if anything it may be too difficult IMO as I played a friend the other day with the Raiders and had several one on ones with Randy Moss and I still couldn't get the deep ball to complete.

Now as for him saying it's been that way the last 3 years, I'm not so sure about that as I seem to recall them fixing the deep ball in 2005 but I may be wrong. I do wish that 2004 college ball would be toned down to be alot more like Madden. Maybe not quite as much though because in general I think there is a good bit more scoring in college ball and certainly more deep strikes.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »