Home

Official XBox/PS2 Impressions thread***

This is a discussion on Official XBox/PS2 Impressions thread*** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Official XBox/PS2 Impressions thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
No cone on ps2 either. I thought there was. Plus the defensive hot routes arent like madden but better than nothing!

thank god i hate madden for the reasons you just stated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyw1
Is the kicking procedure the same as in last year's game (X then X and X) and the meter?

Are there any different camera angles in this year's game?

If your player is dropping passes, does your QB's passing abilities decrease?

Is create-a-team in the game and if so, are you able to tell if there are any changes or new additions?

Thanks for being willing to answer these questions.
Without having the game, the kicking procedure is different for ALL consoles this year. Its the right analog stick and most like it although say it takes time getting used to.

As for camera angles, a guy at Utopia reported no new ones except maybe sideline if that wasn't in last year. No user created camera.

Don't know about the create-a-team question.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

OSU defense is not rated very well this year...Play against Mich or Penn State and see if the deepball is still the same if you would please...

Last edited by leetdemon; 07-14-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Well d stiffend in 2nd and 3rd quarter. I didnt score running same deep fly pattern. Threw 6 ints!!! But 4th they fell apart again. I scored 21 running same play i had ran all gm. Final 56-50 Oklahoma. Ohio St. recoverd 2 onside kicks to make it look close. My qb 13-31 520yds 6td 6 int!! LOL At least they showed they could defend it for 2 quarters. Sliders definately needed.
13-31 is only 41%. That doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Of course your going to throw for 520 yards when you complete 13 bombs, as well as scoring 6 tds. I don't think this will be a problem. Would you rather be 4-31 throwing the deep ball, knowing that a last minute 80 yard drive is impossible? I'm just saying, you didn't even complete it half the time. 41% seems about right to me, plus it was only one game.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Will the QB drop back automatically for you after you snap and NOT THROW the ball? I like the auto drop back of Madden and 2K but NCAA did not have it in 2006 (without throwing the ball for you)?

Edit: Sooner1 I read in the other posts that you prefer Madden 06 and are looking to sell this game. I just want to know if you what game you liked better last year, Madden or NCAA? How did you feel about NCAA 2006 vs. 2007?

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-14-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Well d stiffend in 2nd and 3rd quarter. I didnt score running same deep fly pattern. Threw 6 ints!!! But 4th they fell apart again. I scored 21 running same play i had ran all gm. Final 56-50 Oklahoma. Ohio St. recoverd 2 onside kicks to make it look close. My qb 13-31 520yds 6td 6 int!! LOL At least they showed they could defend it for 2 quarters. Sliders definately needed.
I know you're testing the game out in this area but in a real game is anyone really going to throw constant streaks?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2006, 09:53 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachArt002
I'm excited.
Do you have the game? Just wondering since I think someone with your handle was posting impression at the Utopia site and I can't access those forums at work. If so, could you post your impressions here as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »