Home

Official XBox/PS2 Impressions thread***

This is a discussion on Official XBox/PS2 Impressions thread*** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Official XBox/PS2 Impressions thread***

Could someone with the game check and see if increasing the Knockdown slider will actually help quite a bit against the deep pass? Previous years it helped, but not too much. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #58
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

Is the atmosphere improved at all?

More / different band songs?
More / different chants?
Better crowd reaction?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
LOL just finished 1 quarter at Ohio St using my Sooners. Now this is on HEISMAN LEVEL!!! OU 35 Buckeyes 7!!!!!! My qb 5-6 238 yds 4tds!! I ran the same play i form threw to wr running streak!! This game is a joke. Who said Deep ball was toned down?? This is the worst yet!!
Thanks for being honest:

-I read your impressions before I got my hands on a copy and was hoping that you were wrong. After playing one game and playing in practice mode, I must admit that you are 100% correct so far. I noticed people stating that if you throw the ball deep all the time then you should expect to complete a good percentage of them, and that running the same play is not realistic. That is simply not true. If you ever played college football or any organized football you should know that it is virtually impossible to continue to manipulate the same play every-time for big plays.
-I would feel a little better if it was the same play and different formations. I have never seen, played with, or heard of a defensive back getting tourched 10 times in a row with the same play. Maybe if they have an IQ equal to a rock, I could understand it. Any Pop-Warner Coach would make adjustments after the 3rd time and yank you out of the game or sit in a deep zone. No good safety would allow this serious deep ball problem to happen either. Bad DB AI and coverage AI (so far). I hope that my next game will be better. 49-21 is not realistic when you beat Ohio State with Notre Dame using the same play 80% of the time (IMO).

After eagerly anticipating this game, I am a little shocked that EA did not step up and fix this obvious problem. I guess that I will experiment with sliders now. Last year they made the game great (IMO). Hopefully online play will be better...On the positive, the game is still fun to play, and better than Madden 360.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
Thanks for being honest:

-I read your impressions before I got my hands on a copy and was hoping that you were wrong. After playing one game and playing in practice mode, I must admit that you are 100% correct so far. I noticed people stating that if you throw the ball deep all the time then you should expect to complete a good percentage of them, and that running the same play is not realistic. That is simply not true. If you ever played college football or any organized football you should know that it is virtually impossible to continue to manipulate the same play every-time for big plays.
-I would feel a little better if it was the same play and different formations. I have never seen, played with, or heard of a defensive back getting tourched 10 times in a row with the same play. Maybe if they have an IQ equal to a rock, I could understand it. Any Pop-Warner Coach would make adjustments after the 3rd time and yank you out of the game or sit in a deep zone. No good safety would allow this serious deep ball problem to happen either. Bad DB AI and coverage AI (so far). I hope that my next game will be better. 49-21 is not realistic when you beat Ohio State with Notre Dame using the same play 80% of the time (IMO).

After eagerly anticipating this game, I am a little shocked that EA did not step up and fix this obvious problem. I guess that I will experiment with sliders now. Last year they made the game great (IMO). Hopefully online play will be better...On the positive, the game is still fun to play, and better than Madden 360.
LOL last year the deep ball was worse. And it came straight down to a perfect spot with crazy trajectory.

EA has had a deep ball problem in ALL its football games. Gotta use user control, pressure and good playcalling to fight it off.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
Thanks for being honest:

But thats not whats happening. He went 13 for 31, not completing it 10 times in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #62
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime
But thats not whats happening. He went 13 for 31, not completing it 10 times in a row.
Exactly. Secondly, with knockdowns maxed out for both sides in 2006, I didn't think the deep ball was that bad last year to be a gamekiller offline. Most people have said its toned down so I expect sliders to be able to find an acceptable level again. I'm just glad everyone is saying the short passing game is better. The super LBs on Heisman last year were brutal to pass against zones.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:12 PM   #63
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

Can someone confirm:

1. Player equipment can be edited
and
2. Player's class can be edited
Old 07-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #64
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan49
is there multi-player co-op on the XBOX? I mean that feature was ALREADY IN THE GAME! Please dont tell me they removed something that was in a previous version on the same system...
Co-op is still in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »