Home

Running with the QB

This is a discussion on Running with the QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Running with the QB

Anyone heard anything regarding running with the QB in 07? One thing I could not stand with college football was the long bomb and running with the QB. Last yrs. game all you had to do was pick Texas or Virginia Tech and run with the QB. If you try to clamp down on the QB this will leave your WR in single coverage and we all know how easy it is to bomb it in the game. I really hope they made the next gen. games more realistic. Raking up over 200 rushing yards with your QB on the highest difficulty lvl every game is no fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Running with the QB

leaguedaddy.com
find a league to join and your problems are atleast toned down.

I thought they were gonna do precision passing, so you couldnt be running and throw the ball with %100 accuracy.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie
Anyone heard anything regarding running with the QB in 07? One thing I could not stand with college football was the long bomb and running with the QB. Last yrs. game all you had to do was pick Texas or Virginia Tech and run with the QB. If you try to clamp down on the QB this will leave your WR in single coverage and we all know how easy it is to bomb it in the game. I really hope they made the next gen. games more realistic. Raking up over 200 rushing yards with your QB on the highest difficulty lvl every game is no fun!
isnt that why scrambling qb's who are accurate are pains in the *** to defend and end up in the Hall of Fame? (see: John Elway, Steve Young)
Old 07-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

wgrantham's Arena

yea, but marcus vick is not john elway
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Who cares?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

Marcus Vick was said to have more talent than his brother so his skill is great - that wasn't the problem with him.

You have to change up your defenses because if you run man-man pass cov erage non-stop and you are playing a running QB you will have issues. Playing the game steadily is the only way to stop that long ball and running QBs. I did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Same here, running a 3-4 with two outside linebackers blitzing stops the QB running game pretty easily. If you run that with a zone, than the other guy who is obviously a cheeser is forced to run up the middle - something 99% of cheesers I've encountered hate.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Its great that the community can come up with band-aid solutions that can improve gameplay. But why is it that whenever someone points out a weakness in gameplay there has to be a pile-on of posts that use ridiculous pretzel logic and rationalizations to explain that there really is no problem?

It may have been possible for some players to "stop the long ball" (by emphasizing that part of the defense to an unrealistic extent), however that does not excuse the fact that there was a quite severe game imbalance in the passing game. The passing issues were not even fully resolvable using sliders.

Is it really too much to ask for a game that plays realistically without a bunch of player mediated band aids? The gaming press for the most part seems all too ready to let the developers off the hook on gameplay issues, we as gamers shouldn't be so soft.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
It may have been possible for some players to "stop the long ball" (by emphasizing that part of the defense to an unrealistic extent), however that does not excuse the fact that there was a quite severe game imbalance in the passing game. The passing issues were not even fully resolvable using sliders.

Is it really too much to ask for a game that plays realistically without a bunch of player mediated band aids? The gaming press for the most part seems all too ready to let the developers off the hook on gameplay issues, we as gamers shouldn't be so soft.
As far as paragraph #1: I tried almost every posted variation of sliders, on every possible level and finally came up with a set that enabled the most realistic stats I had ever had with any football game, and it did not involve placing an "unrealistic" emphasis on the defense. It was risk/reward - if the QB/WR beat me, it was my fault. If I broke it up or picked the ball it was due to me getting my defender into position to do so.

Adapting to what the "O" is doing by altering your "D" is not "pretzel logic."

Paragraph #2: I agree that the developers are often let off the hook. I think all of us do it every year buy buying the game over and over again even though nothing has really changed. However, how would you suggest that any company create a game that works for everyone (all ages) right out-of-the-box without using sliders as a 'band-aid'? Playing defense (or not) is not one of those issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »