Home

EA is making us pay

This is a discussion on EA is making us pay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #17
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: EA is making us pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
The thing is this will probably end up costing us around 20 bucks if we want all the uniforms.

Yes they should only cost around 100 points...But theres tons of alternate uniforms
No, they should be included in the cost of the game when you buy it. It is not like EA needs to bring in some specialized team or assign extra development time for the creation of alternate uni's, it is and has been in the past part of a the normal cost of developing the game. It is just a a way to make more cash. If they want to do that at least make it on something that hasn't already been in the game for several years. I mean what is next? We have to payto get all the authentic bowl stadiums? I could see that happening with the direction things are going in with this move.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #18
Rookie

Greekbull's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm going to wait until I get the game in my hands and see for myself the costs(Any cost is unacceptable). This is a great idea to provide the unis via DLC so you can get in all of the extra alternates that were maybe not available at publish time.

The sad thing is as stated earlier, we all will probably buy them.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #19
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

I will only get alternate jerseys for the teams I play Dynastys with.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #20
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

It looks like it more and more now that EA has botched NCAA Football 07 for the 360. Not only do we have watered down features, but also major animation glitches (invisible sacks), some people have reported inferior gameplay and now EA has screwed us out of alternate jerseys.

The people that moan of how people can get upset about the omission of alt. jerseys are really poor consumers. It makes ZERO sense for a next gen game to charge people for standard features which have been in the game for FIVE YEARS. I'm sure next year, the nat'l championship game will cost 500 points, and probably two years from now dynasty will also be an add-on for an extra $10.

I cant believe how awful EA is getting...for an awesome sports game company from 2001-2004, every game since has been a rip-off and a joke, with gameplay getting more and more unrealistic, and extra features being total gimmicks (team intros, RFTH, mascot game, etc)

Madden 2004 was a great game, Madden 2006 had barely any improvement from 04 and even worse gameplay and worse AI

NHL 2004: possibly the greatest hocky game ever, 2006 has horrible gameplay, making the series go from a fun sim to an arcade game

NBA Live/march madness: has always been bad

NCAA FB 2004: best game of the series, bery few complaints, 2005, 2006 and now maybe 2007 have awful sim engines, weak defensive AI, and cheap gimmicks to grab consumers

Last edited by redxiiixi; 07-08-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #21
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
I cant believe how awful EA is getting...for an awesome sports game company from 2001-2004, every game since has been a rip-off and a joke, with gameplay getting more and more unrealistic, and extra features being total gimmicks (team intros, RFTH, mascot game, etc)
Surprisingly enough, 2005 was the first year Sega did not produce a NCAA football game. Sure, their's sucked anyways, but only having to compete with 989 may have made an impact on EA.

This is way exclusive lisencing deals suck. EA puts little effort into football while 2K puts little effort into baseball. The only major sports games we see real progress and innovation in are basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #22
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Surprisingly enough, 2005 was the first year Sega did not produce a NCAA football game. Sure, their's sucked anyways, but only having to compete with 989 may have made an impact on EA.

This is way exclusive lisencing deals suck. EA puts little effort into football while 2K puts little effort into baseball. The only major sports games we see real progress and innovation in are basketball.
I actually enjoyed the gamebreaker (989) series on the Ps1, especially the idea of being a special teams coach and working your way up to be a head coach. Plus Keith Jackson was an announcer. Although I may have enjoyed the series because I was only like 12-13 y.o.

I liked Segas game beacuse of the espn integration and the cool option to have a tourny. If you replaced it with EA's gameplay (despite the problems) and a bit deeper dynasty mode, it would be the greatest FB ever made
Old 07-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #23
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef

Hockey is also another prime example. There has been a pretty ferocious battle going on between 2k and EA for a couple years now, and in most cases 2k's series has been considered a far better game, but now EA has countered and their new next-gen effort looks to be revolutionary. It can't be denied that competition is good for the gamers.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #24
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

We have known this since E3 and ALL of you are going to pay for your favorite teams extra unis so don't even front lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »