Home

Exclusive rights: EA's downfall....

This is a discussion on Exclusive rights: EA's downfall.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #33
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Exclusive rights: EA's downfall....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
People in the NHL forum here said the game would be out not long after EA's game, it def. won't be out next year...but it still bothers me that the date has never changed. Even if us hardcore 2Kers still buy the NHL game just the fact that some of us may try the competition is never a good thing. Less hardcore people may just say "i'm not waiting a month for my usual game, this game is good enough..." and this would eat into 2K's sales. they need to shoot for getting it out at least 2 weeks from EA's release date IMO.
Yeah, but remember 2004? The year when ESPN NFL 2K5 came out in July, I think, and had a lot of time alone on the market. Madden still sold like crazy.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Yeah, but remember 2004? The year when ESPN NFL 2K5 came out in July, I think, and had a lot of time alone on the market. Madden still sold like crazy.
That was because ESPN NFL 2K5 was $19.99 though. Most people bought ESPN when it came out, then sunk another $39.99 on Madden when it came out a month later. Not very many people will be spending $50 on NHL 07 and then later also spending $50 on NHL 2K7.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #35
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
That was because ESPN NFL 2K5 was $19.99 though. Most people bought ESPN when it came out, then sunk another $39.99 on Madden when it came out a month later. Not very many people will be spending $50 on NHL 07 and then later also spending $50 on NHL 2K7.
i wouldnt spend 19.99 on a two pack featuring NHL 07 AND NHL 2k7.

but thats just me.

and this is off topic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
i wouldnt spend 19.99 on a two pack featuring NHL 07 AND NHL 2k7.

but thats just me.

and this is off topic
Then you must not be a hockey fan. And it's not off-topic, the NHL games, of which EA makes one, are non-exclusive licenses. In the scope of "are exclusive licenses good or bad for the industry?" it makes complete on-topic sense to discuss their progress vs the games that are exclusive.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #37
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Then you must not be a hockey fan. And it's not off-topic, the NHL games, of which EA makes one, are non-exclusive licenses. In the scope of "are exclusive licenses good or bad for the industry?" it makes complete on-topic sense to discuss their progress vs the games that are exclusive.
i was simply saying my post was off topic
Old 07-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #38
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
True, no one did, but with two competitive games, EA had to at least keep improving. I can guarantee that if 2K was making a next-gen football game (I cry thinking about the possible graphics), EA would not be giving us this bullcrap like Madden 06, and less features on NCAA than current-gen.
I'm not to sure about that. Last years NBA Live was stripped of some features while 2K6 included all the features from last gen.

These exclusive deals do suck though. Look at what happened with MLB 2K6 this year. With all the bugs it had I would have returned it and gotten MVP if I had that option. All I want is for EA's NCAA MVP to make the jump to the 360 this year so I never have to waste my money on another 2K MLB game. I'll settle for a college baseball game instead of a pro one because I'll never buy a MLB from 2K again.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
I'm not to sure about that. Last years NBA Live was stripped of some features while 2K6 included all the features from last gen.
That's because NBA 2K6 was a port from current gen whereas NBA Live was not a port from the current gen.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #40
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
So then if you wanted all the features, you had the choice of buying 2K6. See what I mean? One way or another, you going to get what you want with more choices.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »