Home

How do YOU recruit?

This is a discussion on How do YOU recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: How do YOU recruit?

I try to focus on defense first, I always am on the look out for stud LB's and DB's. Also, offensive linemen are incredibly clutch and sometimes overlooked. Having a great line in this series makes life much easier.

As for the rest of my offense, I try and get as balanced a team as possible. I like to have a few small, speedy receivers and at least one 6'4"+ possession/red zone WR. I love a good TE too, they're always a key element in my offense.

I usually go for speed HB's because speed is incredibly over-valued in the NCAA series. You can get a 3-star recruit with 96 for speed and he'll have a much more productive career than a 5-star recruit with 86 for speed.

QB's I prefer scramblers cause they're so powerful in this series, and I usually go for lefty's since I'm lefty in real life so I'm partial to them.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

No house rules, I recruit who I want when I want. I do love recruiting someone from my hometown though. Plymouth Michigan has produced some studs in fake college football.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I usually start off with a pretty lowly school and try to load up on JUCO's. I also only recruit in-state guys when using a lowly school, and try to keep it as local as possible. Size on the o-line is something I key on, especially at the tackles. I also like to have a QB with a decent amount of speed to gain yards on broken plays. That's all ideal, but using a one star program I take what I can get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeezlo
No house rules, I recruit who I want when I want. I do love recruiting someone from my hometown though. Plymouth Michigan has produced some studs in fake college football.
That's cool, Decatur, Alabama never has any D1 talent in NCAA games!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hate recruiting house rules as I don't have the willpower to hold back. A better idea would be to have a recruiting difficulty slider or have EA simply make it more difficult.

I find recruiting more fun when you are starting with a crappier school since getting a top recruit is a great accomplishment. Once you develop into a powerhouse, its too easy to get the top recruits and 4* recruits are no big deal.

I use the interested list and if I'm good enough, will look at the top players at each position. I tend to look at their ratings and height and weight ratios to see if I like them. I always try to look into the future at my positions to make sure the cupboard is never bare. I usually self scout my own team and write down the positions I have to have, positions I would like to have and luxuries to go for. I started with Ole Miss last year and they were a B- team but lost a lot of their better players after one year. It was fun building them up to where I won a NC after five years.
i use my alma mater so i'm always working hard for the 5* recruits. It normally takes a couple seasons before I can land them consistently.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanb84
I ment 5-7 of the top players that are interested in my school.
cool. yeah, i normally go to the guys that are interested first.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

I want to first say that the addition of in-season recruiting was one of the best additions to NCAA to date...well, the new spring game may garner the same honors for me as well.

In-season: I target around 8-10 players. I set a rule for myself of only targeting 1 4star recruit and only 1 5 star recruit. The rest are 3 stars. I use this period to fill hard to fill depth areas that I don't want to have to worry over in the offseason FB, MLB, etc. The reason I only target 1 4 and 5 star recruit is because most of the big time bluechippers don't verbally commit until around national signing day. Usually teams get a bunch of verbal offers in-season from the 2 & 3 star recruits. Plus I only deal within my pipeline states.

Offseason: No set rule on what caliber of player I go after, but I have to take care of home first! If I'm playing as say Penn State, my first priority is to lock down the state of Pennsylvania. From there I work within my pipeline states, then to any interested national recruits.

I also typically find one recruit who catches my eye that has no interest in my school whatsoever and go after him just to see if I can land him. It only works every now and again, but it adds some excitement to my dynasty when I can reel in a big time bluechipper that I otherwise had no chance at getting.

God I can't wait for this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
i use my alma mater so i'm always working hard for the 5* recruits. It normally takes a couple seasons before I can land them consistently.
It is a lot of fun working to get those recruits to come to a lesser school. Last year was the first time I bought NCAA 2006 and as an NFL fan, wasn't sure how I would like the recruiting aspect compared to the draft and free agency but I loved it! The constant roster turnovers are actually a good thing and keeps your team feeling fresh.

I'm just thankful I can actually buy NCAA in a store over here (Canada) this year. Last year I just took a whim and ordered it online based on good impressions and the desire for something different after being underwhelmed by both 2K5 and Madden 2005 the year before. I have mine pre-ordered from EB Games and might be sick the next day at work (cough, cough).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »