Home

How do YOU recruit?

This is a discussion on How do YOU recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #17
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: How do YOU recruit?

I think that recruiting is too easy, but i don't want to use house rules to make it harder. I want EA to make it harder, or allow me to use sliders to make it harder. I just play within the restraints of the game, and if i get a bomb recruiting class every year, then so be it. I don't want to hold myself back. One way to counter this is to just make the game harder. If you have great players because you recruit so well, then put it on Heisman mode. If that isn't hard enough, make the sliders harder (like i did.)

Anyways, during in-season recruiting i don't like to bite off more than i can chew. by that i mean, i don't go after too many players. If i only go for four, then i can usually get those four. If i go for seven, i might only end up with 2. I run the option, so my first order of business starting any team is getting a fast qb. After that running back is important, and then all defense. I get the fastest, and highest rated defensive players i can. defense wins championship. I go for linebackers and defensive ends before i worry about the secondary. After that, i get a good offensive line, and i take walk-on tight ends, and recievers.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 25

Always go for the top player in the list, and then anyone who is interested. My goal is to always recruit as many players as possible no matter how bad they are, because then I can take them into the game and see who is the best.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #19
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

In, In-Season recruiting I always try to build one new pipeline, mainly since it is easier to do it now than in the Off-Season. Playing with Rutgers, I try to make things Realistic and get either PA or NY as my New Pipeline. I don't remember if either are there to start as Pipelines, I just know of NJ and FL.

But I always grab people who are interested, and if I have an amazing year at a certain position, I tend to go out on a limb and try to get the top prospect from that position regardless of where they are from.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
It is a lot of fun working to get those recruits to come to a lesser school. Last year was the first time I bought NCAA 2006 and as an NFL fan, wasn't sure how I would like the recruiting aspect compared to the draft and free agency but I loved it! The constant roster turnovers are actually a good thing and keeps your team feeling fresh.
Yeah, NFL FA can't touch recruiting in the college games. Same for the NBA games. The recruiting in NCAA 2K Hoops is insane!

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually try to make recruiting more difficult by setting up house rules and starting with a bad team. Usually I make the limit my prestige. So if my program is 3 stars then that is my limit.
Not trying to sound high and mighty about it, because it still is easy to get impatient and try for a stud player, so if there is one in my local area I usually give it a shot but make my self scout him first and then go for him if his discipline is not horrible. In past versions (like ps one) I would use every trick in the book to land the top talent and would end up always winning by huge lopsided scores, and it was just not as fun anymore.
I have just grown to enjoy looking through the "bad" players and try to find a quality that I can fit into my program. Maybe a back that has great hands or great speed (but is still only 3 stars) or a tall reciever who can catch, or a lineman who is skilled at either run blocking or pass blocking.
then second year I focus more points towards training hoping to polish up some of these diamonds in the rough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #22
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

After reading this it makes me realize that I really hope they made recruiting a lot harder...
Old 07-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
After reading this it makes me realize that I really hope they made recruiting a lot harder...
Yea thats what I was feeling too.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #24
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Inseason I only target in-state players and strongly go after about 3 of them. After the season I just see whose interested and pluck as many as I can, hopefully there are some 5* or 4* on the list but usually not for a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »