Home

18 NEW ATTRIBUTES FOR NEXT-GEN NCAA

This is a discussion on 18 NEW ATTRIBUTES FOR NEXT-GEN NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #41
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 18 NEW ATTRIBUTES FOR NEXT-GEN NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's possible, but I doubt it. Keep in mind that according to DT only 25 bowl games got the full treatment, so there is a good chance BSU and the bowl game played in their stadium will both be doing the generic thing this year.
It might be interesting to note though, that it was one of the original stadiums in NCAA 2002. I think the gimmicky blue field might have allowed it to make the cut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #42
Rookie

tmac1granger33's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
wow.. if so maybe the newest bowl, the NEW MEXICO BOWL will be in the game.. although they just finally made final arangements and specifics.. one can hope.

I might have to get the game if my teams stadium is in there

heck yes i hope the lobos stadium is in the game!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #43
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I too am curious about any noticable difference between (as you said) a 50 & a 100.....Seem to be fairly intangible atributes to me. I guess we will see in a week.
I think the blocking footwork attributes have to do with positioning and quickness. For example on a running play a lineman with high run blocking footwork is more likely to get between the ball carrier and the defender.

My theories:

IMPACT BLOCKING - Ability to block a defender after a running start, probably used mostly for fullbacks and on special teams.

RUN BLOCK STRENGH - Ability to push the defender off the line of scrimmage. Good for straight ahead running plays and short yardage.

RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK - Ability to get between the runner and the defender.

PASS BLOCK STRENGTH - Ability not to get pancaked or pushed into the QB by a bull rusher.

PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK - Ability to stay between the pass rusher and the QB.

Last edited by Sigma4Life; 07-12-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I think the blocking footwork attributes have to do with positioning and quickness. For example on a running play a lineman with high run blocking footwork is more likely to get between the ball carrier and the defender.

My theories:

IMPACT BLOCKING - Ability to block a defender after a running start, probably used mostly for fullbacks and on special teams.

RUN BLOCK STRENGH - Ability to push the defender off the line of scrimmage. Good for straight ahead running plays and short yardage.

RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK - Ability to get between the runner and the defender.

PASS BLOCK STRENGTH - Ability not to get pancaked or pushed into the QB by a bull rusher.

PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK - Ability to stay between the pass rusher and the QB.
My theory is that footwork keeps them from being pancaked. But you could be right, it makes sense if the footwork is great, an OL can readjust himself after a spin by the DL.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #45
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Stadiums in the game

ACC (9): Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech.
Big-Ten (9): Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin.
Pac-10 (7): Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon, Stanford (last years stadium), UCLA, USC, Washington.
SEC (8): Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina, Tennessee.
Big 12 (9): Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M.
Big East (2): Pittsburgh, West Virginia.
Independents (1): Notre Dame

+ 25 of the Current Bowl games
A little research has me convinced that this list is not comprehensive. Case in point-Arkansas is not on the list, but their stadium was in the build of the game shown at E3:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
A little research has me convinced that this list is not comprehensive. Case in point-Arkansas is not on the list, but their stadium was in the build of the game shown at E3:

BYU's stadium was also confirmed, and they dont host any bowls. Something isnt right with the list.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #47
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

Yeah I was thinking a team like Arkansas and the kind of stadium they had would be in it this year.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #48
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

You guys might be right. The list may be off I wish EA would have just released an official list so we could know for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »