Home

kicking game...

This is a discussion on kicking game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: kicking game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
What about when you fumble. That is a random event that you don't always have control over.
Or penalties, missed blocks, dropped passes, bad throws...

And please, no more meters EA. It's time to allow us to rely on accuracy & timing of player models & controllers for kicks, a la foul shooting on NBA 2K. The less pup ups, blips, bleeps, graphs & meters on the screen, the more it will resemble a tv broadcast.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just tried a field goal and it felt really odd.That right joy stick feels odd.I think I will get used to it like the free throws on 2k basketball
Old 07-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
or is ea going for 17 years of perfect long-snaps in their football games. and yet nobody cares...
I don't remember 2K having anything like this either. I mean you don't have to blame Ea for everything.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.

Last edited by NBASLAM2001; 07-12-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
I don't remember 2K having anything like this either. I mean you don't have to blame Ea for everything.
i sure can't blame 2k for an ea franchise now can i? since i've only played maybe 15 games total of the entire 2k series football games i'm gonna keep my focus on ea. 2k is irrelevant guys stop beating that dead horse, let 'em rest in peace.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I care but I think we won't see it because even alot of hardcore people don't want things like that to happen in the game since it would be "lame" to have something beyond your control bad happen to your team. I think if they did it and did it right thought i'd be alot more realistic.
any hardcore gamer worth his salt would take any resonable style of bad snap potential compared to what we have now. you got it backwards.

a snap meter would be a best case scenario, but following your reason hardcore gamers would be be against fumbles, of course that's not the case.

hardcore gammers would embrace this enthusiastically.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
Rookie

wgrantham's Arena

OVR: 4

ea would probably add it as a new "big feature" and then over do it and have like 3 bad snaps a game.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Who cares?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
any hardcore gamer worth his salt would take any resonable style of bad snap potential compared to what we have now. you got it backwards.

a snap meter would be a best case scenario, but following your reason hardcore gamers would be be against fumbles, of course that's not the case.

hardcore gammers would embrace this enthusiastically.
Not true at all, i've had this debate many times. Alot of the people here on OS who are old timers and str8 up sim ballers are completely against this idea.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not true at all, i've had this debate many times. Alot of the people here on OS who are old timers and str8 up sim ballers are completely against this idea.
its a free country.

but don't you see an inconsistency in the thought process of a person who accepts fumbles and penalties and opposes realistic kicking risk? After all they're relatively out of control parts of the game. Why wouldn't they accept realistic long snapping risk in the name of realism? heck with one more click of the kicking meter you would have as much control over the snap accuracy as you do the kick accuracy.

In fact i use this question as a litmus test. if you're for more realistic long snaping you're more of a hardcore sim person than the people that are happy with less realistic kick excecution.

this should be "prima facie" my man. come on get on the bandwagon.they won't fix it until the community gets it up front. and its seems like such an easy fix for a HUGE oversite...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »