Home

Is there a solution to names appearing online?

This is a discussion on Is there a solution to names appearing online? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #41
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is there a solution to names appearing online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Oh yeah, looking up a player every time he does anything, that makes sense. The truth is when I play with names it enhances the experience that you are playing with real people whereas numbers just feels as if there is no real connection with the athletes.

It'd be like announcers in real life not using names, but instead saying "#10 is just a great athlete, look at that beautiful pass to #7, then you see #7 juke #28, wow, #7 is something to watch!!" How real well would that go over with most people? About as well as alot of us online people and no online names.

ODogg, I know you're hell bent on dumping the 360 version over this, but have you confirmed that the other versions support online names??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 07:24 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
ODogg, I know you're hell bent on dumping the 360 version over this, but have you confirmed that the other versions support online names??
No, i'm trying to do that now. If neither has names then I'll still buy 360 version I guess as we will all be in the same doomed boat.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah we need some closure to this.

For sure no XBOX 360 names online?

And where we stand with Ps2 names online?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10

This is STUPID!!! I can't believe this feature would be stripped!?!? Then again, I didn't think editing equipment would be missing too (don't get me started on that). If the NCAA is indeed behind the name thing, then that is a disgrace and an embarassment. If you are allowed to name a computer generated figure what ever you want on your own time, then there is no reason it should be allowed to appear for online play (on your screen only, mind you). We are paying $60 for the game! I don't know...honestly, I don't think it is the NCAA and I think it has to do with EA. College Hoops 2k7 just came out a few months ago right before the tourney and it allowed the naming feature?!? Hell, they even prepopulate the names for you to make the process easier!

I'm with you ODogg, I may go with the PS2 version myself (unless it is similarily without online names), just to enjoy the game as it should be. What a shame! All the hype and anticipation followed by extreme disappointment. And they expect us to pay for alternate jerseys too? Why should I have to pay you guys MORE than I already have for 9 different Oregon jerseys when you can't even get the right home and away versions for this season?!? Why wouldn't I spend money on an enema and induce the procedure myself? I'd rather send my money to a company that cares and doesn't just rely on sales in volume. Thanks EA, great move to screw your faithful customers! I'm so pissed right now, I can't even see straight...
Old 07-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #45
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
This is STUPID!!! I can't believe this feature would be stripped!?!? Then again, I didn't think editing equipment would be missing too (don't get me started on that). If the NCAA is indeed behind the name thing, then that is a disgrace and an embarassment. If you are allowed to name a computer generated figure what ever you want on your own time, then there is no reason it should be allowed to appear for online play (on your screen only, mind you). We are paying $60 for the game! I don't know...honestly, I don't think it is the NCAA and I think it has to do with EA. College Hoops 2k7 just came out a few months ago right before the tourney and it allowed the naming feature?!? Hell, they even prepopulate the names for you to make the process easier!

I'm with you ODogg, I may go with the PS2 version myself (unless it is similarily without online names), just to enjoy the game as it should be. What a shame! All the hype and anticipation followed by extreme disappointment. And they expect us to pay for alternate jerseys too? Why should I have to pay you guys MORE than I already have for 9 different Oregon jerseys when you can't even get the right home and away versions for this season?!? Why wouldn't I spend money on an enema and induce the procedure myself? I'd rather send my money to a company that cares and doesn't just rely on sales in volume. Thanks EA, great move to screw your faithful customers! I'm so pissed right now, I can't even see straight...
Did you guys who are betching about alt. uniforms ever stop to think that this is actually probably a blessing for you? The people that care so much about this are the same people who need the outline of the #'s the exact color shade or EA ruined the game.

Point is, by offering this stuff thru download EA now has time to get the jersey's exactly correct. Plus they can add the new jerseys that were made during the off-season that they didn't have time to implement...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Did you guys who are betching about alt. uniforms ever stop to think that this is actually probably a blessing for you? The people that care so much about this are the same people who need the outline of the #'s the exact color shade or EA ruined the game.

Point is, by offering this stuff thru download EA now has time to get the jersey's exactly correct. Plus they can add the new jerseys that were made during the off-season that they didn't have time to implement...

didn't have time to implement...LOL. Don't know about you, but I can't wait to unlock Team Tiburon!!! Fine, maybe they needed more time to get some of the stuff in. Apparently that's my bad though, because they will charge me more to fix it? Why can't we get them free, I ask?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #47
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
didn't have time to implement...LOL. Don't know about you, but I can't wait to unlock Team Tiburon!!! Fine, maybe they needed more time to get some of the stuff in. Apparently that's my bad though, because they will charge me more to fix it? Why can't we get them free, I ask?
For people complaining about lack of features for 360 blah blah blah...I'm not a game developer so I have no idea, but i'm going to take a stab at common sense here....

Take for example an individual player on the 360. I would imagine due to the detail that goes into that player it takes a heluva lot more time to implement that player in a game than it does in a current gen game....the detail is just so much greater in the 360....and that's across the board...stadiums, players, fields, fans etc etc...

It's like manufacturing a hyundai vs. manufacturing a ferrari...

With that being said, could you maybe see why they truly don't have enough time to implement all features? I highly doubt the game developers sit around thinking about how we can screw some whiny diehard out of online player names....

Just a thought....

Last edited by AirLobo23; 07-14-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:43 PM   #48
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
conspiracy to reduce the number of sales of NCAA so the real NCAA would yank the license which would allow more competition in the marketplace. You know secretly that all of EA's share holders do not want market share or increased revenue for their stock. I firmly believe that the powers that be at EA are trying to make all of us mad so we will buy the other college football game out there.

please tell me this is a joke ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »