Home

10 plays in 30 seconds?

This is a discussion on 10 plays in 30 seconds? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
10 plays in 30 seconds?

Someone posted this in the 360 impressions thread:

Quote:
...the fact that they can go 80 yards in 10 plays in 30 seconds is atrocious. And it's not just about the CPU either...the user can do it and actually get a play off in 2 seconds....

That's why I'm complaining...why did they do this? The old way worked fine.

I did a little test with the demo. Do you know that by just pressing the A button, you can actually get a play off quicker than if you held down Y and no huddled? Basically, by ending a play, hitting the A button to call the same play again, hitting A to skip the stupid animation, and the A button again to snap the ball takes two seconds. To actually end a play, hold down Y, and have them go through the hurry up animation takes 6 seconds.
The extremely unrealistic speed at which a team can end a play, call a new play, get all nice and lined up, and then snap the ball is something that has absolutely ruined the online experience for me in other games. I noticed in the demo that plays can be rolled through at extreme speed, robot like. In real football, it takes time for things to get done, players moving around and on/off the field, coaches taking time to decide and communicate plays, refs getting in position, etc...

I'm wondering if anyone who has played online (any version) can give some feedback on how fast plays can be run.

Do others feel that this is a game breaker for online play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 10 plays in 30 seconds?

That's a huge exaggeration. It takes much longer than three seconds to run the play itself, and longer than that to choose it and make necessary pre-snap adjustments.

That was probably posted by one of the haters on the impressions thread who was starving for a little attention, as always.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Although it's an exaggeration IMO, in the demo you can get plays off a little too quick. But the mods here have already said this is fixed in the final version.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I didn't say it's fixed, and I don't think that it is. You can get back to the playcalling screen, call the play, and rush the line much quicker than if you ran a no huddle, and audibled a new play. Not sure if it's slower than what we've seen in the demo, but it's definitely too fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »