Home

Help me make a decision!

This is a discussion on Help me make a decision! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2006, 05:00 AM   #17
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Help me make a decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
Ok, I know this has been posted before. However, I need a lot of help choosing what game to buy (Please don't flame). I have both a 360 and XBOX, and I'm really torn between which one to get. I'm not making this topic to compare the features (or lackthereof) between the two, but more or less to tell you my situation that has me baffled. Now, I have not had ANY problems with my 360 other than the seldom freeze (which every system has). I'm really disappointed in what the 360 has to offer this year, and may choose to wait next year for my first next-gen NCAA experience. That said, I just fixed my XBOX after it wouldn't read any games (opened it up, cleaned the disk reader with rubbing alcohol; 2nd time I had to do it), it started working again, but I fear it may die on me.

Now, as for the game itself... Graphics aren't all that important to me, but I'm really hooked onto the "Smart Fans" and immense stadiums that the 360 boasts. You really get a feel of stadium depth in The Swamp (and I'm sure other stadiums), which is playable in the 360 demo. But I don't have an HDTV (regular 19" TV) and I don't really like the 360 menus (in the demo at least). I don't think I want to spend $10 extra for just the Dynasty Mode (that's essentially the same as current-gen) and the graphics. I really liked the demo in terms of gameplay so that's not a problem. For the XBOX version, I'm really interested in the "Campus Legend" mode (and the dynasty obviously). Also, the little things that next-gen doesn't have really interest me, like the trick plays, immense play books and spring drills. I have no idea what to do, and the only thing that's really preventing me from leaning towards the current-gen version is the condition of my XBOX.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to read this, I hope you can help!
One thing you might wanna consider if you play Madden(if not disregard this post)is the ability to import your NCAA roster over to Madden,if that's a big deal to you then you'd have to get both NCAA and Madden for the same system,how do youy feel about Madden?

Old 07-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #18
Rookie

STUNTG1RL's Arena

OVR: 1

Do you own 2006 for Xbox? In that case I would go for the 360 version. If not, I would take the Xbox version.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Exactly, proof you should get the 360 version. It's a far better than the Xbox verson. My only caution is if you play online and you want names your better served with the current gen.
Actually I played the heck out the demo to get a feel for the game.

Even if the gameplay is far better than Xbox (IYO) I am a dynasty man.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
after playing the full 360 version, I say 360. No question.
I enjoyed the demo, and the retail version is a bit more polished.

So, if you enjoyed the Demo, it only gets better from there. If not, go for your current gen, but I fear you may end up like me, I have both XBOX and 360 version, and I can't even play the Box as it seems too cartoonish now.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #21
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

360 version, the gameplay in this is great and the past few games I've played have literally been some of the best NCAA I've played....EVER.

I'd prolly rate my game with Miami the other day with my 35-31 loss to Stanford back in NCAA 2000 with my created school Alaska state (who happened to be #1 at the time and on an 63 game win streak)

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
I enjoyed the demo, and the retail version is a bit more polished.

So, if you enjoyed the Demo, it only gets better from there. If not, go for your current gen, but I fear you may end up like me, I have both XBOX and 360 version, and I can't even play the Box as it seems too cartoonish now.
Y'all are really making me want to get the 360 version.

I guess I will have to do some more soul-searching.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #23
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
Y'all are really making me want to get the 360 version.

I guess I will have to do some more soul-searching.
If you're really that unsure to the extent that you have to search your soul, why not just rent both and make your own decision on which one is right for you?
Old 07-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #24
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

Rent them both and decide. Don't rely on the opinions of others. Decide for yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »