Home

How long do they make current gen?

This is a discussion on How long do they make current gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
R**k**

OVR: 3
Re: How long do they make current gen?

I would guess that PS2/Xbox would see a version for a few years. Let's be honest, there are a ton of PS2s out there and Sony has always been a big supporter of previous generations. EA would be stupid not to support the game. If this year's PS2 is as good as people here have said, then a roster update and a few minor enhancements and a $39.00 price tag would make a lot of money. As for Xbox, it depends on sales this year and whether it is worth the cost of upgrading.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I would be amazed if the 360 came close to current gen sales. There are just so many more people still playing with current gen consoles. Its about a 10:1 ratio for current gen hardware out there vs. the 360. Heck, Arena Football sold 350,000 copies. The PS2 has been outselling the 360 this year due its price drop.

On OS, a poll showed that a significant number of people were 360 users. They were clearly the majority but we are a hardcore sight. Mom and pop will still be stocking Johnny's PS2/XBox catalog with current gen this year imo.
Not with PS3 and 360 (Wii, Wii, lol) out this Christmas.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars
I would guess that PS2/Xbox would see a version for a few years. Let's be honest, there are a ton of PS2s out there and Sony has always been a big supporter of previous generations. EA would be stupid not to support the game. If this year's PS2 is as good as people here have said, then a roster update and a few minor enhancements and a $39.00 price tag would make a lot of money. As for Xbox, it depends on sales this year and whether it is worth the cost of upgrading.
If they made a PS2 version, they'd make an Xbox as well. The effort to make a PS2 version would make it unprofitable to not simply just straight port to the Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 30

They'd be stupid to not make it next year, and probably for 2009. Until Halo 3 and GTA 4 come out, neither new console is going to explode in user base size. Right now, EA can just add in a few features and put out 08 with little effort.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #13
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

EA will continue to support NCAA on the PS2 and XBOX as long as it makes good business sense to do so. At this point it makes no sense from a financial standpoint for EA to abandon the current generation of consoles. I suspect NCAA on the XBOX 360 may sell up to 350,000 units compared to a million plus on the current gen systems. EA is going to milk the current gen cash cow as long as they possibly can.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #14
ddeweil

OVR:

How long will they make it? Who knows. Like others said, they did drop PS1 support immediately. However, there was a HUGE gap between PS1 and PS2 in terms of graphics while the current-gen games still are somewhat easy on the eyes. Plus, like others have said, the installed base of the PS2 is too massive to cut NCAA support. People are still buying these things left and right. I would hope they continue to make NCAA until at least 08 or 09. I'm still enjoying my PS2 too much with Socom and Winning Eleven (as well as NCAA) and would rather hold onto it as long as I can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »