Home

"coach mode"

This is a discussion on "coach mode" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
"coach mode"

I know not many people play this way but can an Xbox'er give a few words on how it plays? Maybe try it for a couple series?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: "coach mode"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I know not many people play this way but can an Xbox'er give a few words on how it plays? Maybe try it for a couple series?

Thanks in advance!
as i am a coach only player as well. any info is greatly appreciated. i live in winston-salem nc and GO CANES! NORTH CAROLINA, THE 2006 HOME OF LORD STANLEY'S CUP AND THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CAROLINA HURRICANES!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:58 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

It's tough to get any "coach mode" information until it's too late and you've already dropped coin on the game. That's the only bad part about playing the game this way. You almost have to spend some amount of money (rent or buy) to find out if the "coach mode" is any good. I really wish they'd implement an actual mode like Madden has. Ah well, we'll see tomorrow I guess. I side hustled up 40 bucks yesterday so I'll only need to spend 10 bucks of my own money to buy...if I buy.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:34 AM   #4
Pro

DirtyDozen's Arena

OVR: 7

I usually play "coach mode" also. I'm hoping it'll be solid in the 360 version. Based on the impressions I've read so far of the gameplay, I have every reason to believe it will be. I guess I'll find out on Tuesday. I'm also hoping to play "coach mode" in the PSP version.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDozen
I usually play "coach mode" also. I'm hoping it'll be solid in the 360 version. Based on the impressions I've read so far of the gameplay, I have every reason to believe it will be. I guess I'll find out on Tuesday. I'm also hoping to play "coach mode" in the PSP version.
Has it been confirmed Coach Mode is even in the 360 version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe it has been confirmed that there is NO coach mode, and there are no cpu games. It's pretty much like Madden360. Every game must be either user played or simmed. Don't know why they dropped this feature. Doesn't really make sense.
Bubba4
Old 07-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can you enter a game and then go to "controller select," and switch the controllers to CPU...then watch the game?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

We need someone with the 360 version to check on both Coach mode and CPU vs. CPU.

The two things that I have heard so far are that...

1. When the ball is hiked the QB will not automatically throw it.

2. When starting a game one of the teams has to be Human controlled.

Possible solutions I'd like to see investigated are...

1. In controller settings there seems to be a setting for auto drop back. Someone with the PS2 version mentioned they had to change this setting to get the QB to throw the ball once hiked. Would like to see if this is also true in 360.

2. Would like to see if after the game is started, after the coin toss, if you can't go back into settings and set the human controlled team back to CPU. Will 360 version let you do this?

This will give us definitive answers regarding coach mode and CPU vs. CPU in 360 version.

THANKS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »