Home

Getting it early...overrated?

This is a discussion on Getting it early...overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #25
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Getting it early...overrated?

I don't get it. Someone finally posts a light and refreshing thread that is intended to makes us think about an interesting question (and make the people without the game feel better hehe)and someone complains about how stupid it is.

Regardless of that, my opinion is the longer the wait the greater the reward. I think its silly how people brag how they get the game early (see the IGN board), its not an accomplishment at all, its just a sign of how stupid some people are at a major store. Its also crazy how far people will go to get the game, such as creating fake coupons to get the game or even trying to steal it.

The people who drive hours to get the game are really devoted, but I would rather suffer a few more days in the hope that the thrill of playing the game for the first time will be that much sweeter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #26
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

For me it was the actual chase to get the game. The day that I got the game I drove over 120 miles in and around the baltimore area. I started out at 10 am and didn't get the game till 430 pm. the first thing I did when I got home??? Eat a huge lunch/dinner. I was starving I hadn't eaten all day. It was all about acoplishing my goal. My goal was to get the game early this year because I didn't last year. Next year I won't go doing all that again. 120 miles worth of gas in an SUV at these prices are crazy.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #27
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Getting the title early is what it is. For 4 or 5 days it's sweet, but then you forget as soon as everyone else gets it. My old college buddies and I used to try to get the "1st" console or game out of all of us. So basically everyone stops by to get some gameplay in with whoever got it first.

In this year's case...

My wife was out of town this last weekend so when i got my hands on it I WAS SO PUMPED. I think I spent the next hour on the phone with buddies trying to score them copies. Then i settled in and played the game itself between more phone calls asking how the game was. 2 hours later there were 6 of us passing controllers around & curling 40 ounces.

Had I not got it til after the date.. We all woulda' picked up our own copies after work, gone home and played alone on XBL Tuesday night.. ate dinner ..& gone to bed.

..so no, it doesn't have to be overrated.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #28
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

i am obsessive compulsive (to some extent) - so i got to have it early no matter what - screw the hunt... i just want to start my dynasty. wareagle!

and oh yeah - i didnt get it early this year - thank goodness work takes my mind of it.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:19 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Once again, for the people saying its overated because rosters and sliders are not ready, then why get the game at launch? They are still not ready...if thats the reasoning then you might as well wait until both are complete.

Some of us didnt have to hunt either....How about just having the game a week sooner then we thought is joy enough?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
This thread is overrated. I can't believe you took the time to make that long of a post.
...and yet you, feeling it was overrated STILL took the time to make a post in it.

Now onto the subject at hand. For me its the thrill of the hunt and Im just one of those people who like to buck the system any way I possibly can.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #31
MVP

OSUG1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Once again, for the people saying its overated because rosters and sliders are not ready, then why get the game at launch? They are still not ready...if thats the reasoning then you might as well wait until both are complete.
I thought FK and blackover are expected to have rosters done on Tues?

As for the original post the wait till midnight on the release date is what I look for, counting down the last few sec. Its like New Years and seeing the case pulled out of the box seems like fireworks going off.

...Yes very nerdy but I don't care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

the getting the game aspect is overrated. But having the feeling of getting the game in the situation your in @12 midnight and seeing all the people outside waiting for your game to be sold, makes up for all the overratingness (is this even a word?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »