Home

Getting it early...overrated?

This is a discussion on Getting it early...overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #33
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Getting it early...overrated?

Its the chase... followed by the thrill of rubbing ur peer's nose in the fact u have it. Not a mean spirited thing but all in fun.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I posted that sort of on my blog. It's the thrill of the hunt for me. Add to that I love the game. I was able to play 4 or 5 games online, and had a blast playing some exhibition games. But like Aukevin said, I won't really get into it until the rosters are out. Finding the game was fun, playing it was even more fun.
EG, did you get the PM I sent?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #35
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Once again, for the people saying its overated because rosters and sliders are not ready, then why get the game at launch? They are still not ready...if thats the reasoning then you might as well wait until both are complete.

Some of us didnt have to hunt either....How about just having the game a week sooner then we thought is joy enough?
The part that doesn't appeal to me with getting the game early is the ordeal in getting it. The calling, staking out stores, etc. I would never turn the game down if someone wanted to sell it to me early, my post just meant that getting it early isn't important enough to me to warrant all the searching for the game. Tomorrow isn't going to require any searching or anything, just walking into Wal-Mart and picking it up. So yeah I'll have the game and play it before rosters come out, but I won't have to do any extra work to get it.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
The part that doesn't appeal to me with getting the game early is the ordeal in getting it. The calling, staking out stores, etc. I would never turn the game down if someone wanted to sell it to me early, my post just meant that getting it early isn't important enough to me to warrant all the searching for the game. Tomorrow isn't going to require any searching or anything, just walking into Wal-Mart and picking it up. So yeah I'll have the game and play it before rosters come out, but I won't have to do any extra work to get it.
That's how I feel about it.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #37
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I used to love the hunt, now I could care less. Videogames just aren't as good as they used to be, IMO, I don't get excited about them anymore. The stuff under the hood isn't high quality anymore.
Me too. I am old and have been let down too many times by video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »