Home

Perhaps some reviews tonight?

This is a discussion on Perhaps some reviews tonight? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Perhaps some reviews tonight?

Good points Fossen.

I wouldnt really put a lot of thought into the scores of the reviews you see at other places for NCAA 2007. Everyone who has the game early can say its a damn good game on the field. Yes, for the 360 its missing a few features off the field and trick plays etc, but it doesnt take away from the game. This is a real real good solid effort from EA, they scores are going to be lower because of some of the "other stuff" thats missing.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Another plus to having more than one guy review it is that people play games for different reasons and use different styles. Some people play for the fluff,style, etc and some play for the gameplay. Most OS'ers could care less about graphics as long as the gameplay is tight while most reviewers don't seem to know much about college football and are more geared toward the fluff.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think a good thorough review takes at least a week with the game. Reviewers should have two types of play in mind. Play vs the A.I and play online. Play online can reveal some quirks that play against the A.I may or may not reveal.
The online aspect of reviews always seem to be lacking. That is all I care about but most reviews seem to be skewed towards single player. Three to four pages devoted to Dynasties, Franchises, etc., then a two line blurb about whether lag was or was not present when playing online. It would be good to see a breakdown of issues that affect the online experience like deep ball effectiveness, 20 yard dropbacks, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #12
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

OS forums >>>>> IGN/Gamespot review.

No question.

You just gotta learn to search and scan for the information you're looking for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »