Home

Xbox 360 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Xbox 360 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
One thing about this is PI and say Offsides are user controlled penalties...until I can control an offensive linemen, IMO there is no room for stuff like holding penalties...once in a while yes, but not every game...just my opinion...why punish me for something I had no control over? to me, that takes away from the fun factor...
Perfectly said. There is nothing more frustrating than the random "cpu defined" penalty that usually occurs when you have a big play happen.. I know i know, it happens in real life, but here i think it is more of the cpu just trying to control the outcome of the game.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:37 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11

found lots of new screens.. http://fkrosters.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&#entry5421
Old 07-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
One thing to add that drives me crazy is penalties......

I have yet to have a penalty besides pass interference called on my team. CPU only gets a couple holding and offside calls. All of this is with all penalty sliders maxed except clipping, def/off pass interference. Although not game breaker, just a little frustrating. I wonder how much this has to do with the team I'm playing with (PSU). Is there some kind of hidden rating for penalties?

Anybody else seeing this? These comments are after about 20 or so games so doesn't appear to be fluke. Also, have played on AA and Heisman.

Overall, even with this issue, great game....
What issue? You got sliders for all the penalties...USE THEM
Old 07-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
What issue? You got sliders for all the penalties...USE THEM
Did you read his post at all?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can any1 tell me if the running game is any good??? I found it really hard to run the ball in the 360 demo because of poor blocking by the O-Line. Is it better in the final version??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #22
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I've had the game since Saturday and have played about 10 games (3 dynasty so I can give some impressions.

Firstly, Heisman plays the best it ever has this year. I have had 150 yrd rushing games on Heisman. I've thrown for 300 yards. Had INTs for TDs on defense and had really great games. On the flip side I have been destroyed. In my San Diego St Dynasty Wisconsin obliterated me with 3 defensive touchdowns and over 200 yards rushing. I cannot stress the importance of play calling. If you get down to a 3rd and 12 against a solid defense on the road look to run a draw or a screen (which works GREAT this year) and take your losses and punt. Too many times I would try and force it into Cover 3/4 on 3rd and long and end up with 6 the other way. You need to play smart.

Some little things I enjoy:
Varied games. I've had a bunch of ESPN classic games going into 2 and 3 OT and I've had games where I just dominated as well as get destroyed. The games I am winning I am calling smart plays, managing the clock and distributing the ball wisely. The games I get killed I am rushing, dropping my QB back to far (very bad this year), not reading coverages, and taking bad angles to the ball carrier on D. Its great because the outcome of the game feels more determined by me and not the CPU which I missed last year.

Also the animations especially by receivers are great. Athletic receivers make incredible grabs and really make the passing game exciting. On the same side I've noticed a very strange animation where quarterbacks will be facing a receiver on the sideline during their throwing animations but the ball will go to another receiver somewhere in the middle of the field. Looks bad and takes away from the experience.

Some other shortcomings include sketchy tackling animations (a few phantom tackles/sacks a game) and I kind of wish the ESPN covers had made it in just to see the great player models on my dyasty screen.

I also really enjoy the photo album which I didn't think I would do. I try and take a picture a game during my dynasty to kind of make a scrapbook of all the games. I think it will be cool to look back after a few seasons and remember those older games.

I have only made a few changes to Heisman difficulty and I recommend any seasoned player to play a few games with it and see how they like it. May not be for everyone but I feel they finally got the difficulty down this year.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig5309
Did you read his post at all?
Yep, and I have had the game since Friday, and I adjusted sliders as well, and alot of the stuff he is saying is not true on my game...I get all the penalties besides face mask...I played with them and they work well for me. Not too overdone..I play on Heisman only
Old 07-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #24
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
I was looking at your scores. Did you put the NCAA basketball disc in by mistake?
I wish! Actually lead USC near the end of the first half but then imploded again and lost 61-23. It can't get any worse. Finally had a 100 yard rusher, he was my #2 guy so he'll be getting the starting nod against Oregon State. The defense was absolutely brutal and I lost my #1 cb for the rest of the season with a torn pectoral. It can't be me who sucks this bad can it? I am not the one fumbling the damn ball, and muffing punts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »