Home

has ea knocked this one out of the park??

This is a discussion on has ea knocked this one out of the park?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: has ea knocked this one out of the park??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I completely agree with you, I've played both, and while there is nothing wrong with current-gen it just felt a bit stale to me. I felt like I've been playing that game for the past five years. I was very worried about the 360 version and even questioning my decision to get a 360 as there weren't really any titles out there (especially sports) that made it justifiable in my mind. I cannot stress how many fears were cast aside after playing 07 on the 360 for the past four days, at this point it is the best sports game I've ever played and a reason to buy a 360. If NCAA 07 is any indication of what to expect from future football games then I will be putting many hours of play in.
yeah man, i keep thinking i'm dreaming and i'm going to wake up and this game will just be a figment of a dream i had a week away from 07 launch. i do wonder though if we're all gonna think madden 07 on 360 will just kick @ss and it'll be a big letdown again. if so, that'll suck but at least we have one kick@ss game for the 360 for football!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #58
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
That was the greatest game? Sounds like the worst ending I can imagine....
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxAir23xxx
Not when im a pat away from losing then blocking it, taking it back, then completing an almost full field hail mary.
I think he is suggesting it was a little too unrealistic. Especially when the CPU blatently allowed you to hail mary at the end.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #59
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
ODogg doesn't live in Hawaii.
He lives at the Republican Headquarters. He plays NCAA there with Ann Coulter.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
He lives at the Republican Headquarters. He plays NCAA there with Ann Coulter.
Haha that's right, me and Limbaugh, Hannity and Coulter just trade off games since we can't play 2 on 2 like on current-gen

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #61
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
yeah man, i keep thinking i'm dreaming and i'm going to wake up and this game will just be a figment of a dream i had a week away from 07 launch. i do wonder though if we're all gonna think madden 07 on 360 will just kick @ss and it'll be a big letdown again. if so, that'll suck but at least we have one kick@ss game for the 360 for football!!
As far as Madden goes you should go have a look at the new video posted today on GameTrailers. The link is in the Madden forum, it looks better and plays smoother but the mechanics of it look to be similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #62
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Don't buy into the hype just yet. If you are waiting to find out if EA truly knocked it out of the park then wait 2 weeks from now. At that time many of these posters that say it's a great game will start posting negative remarks followed by "I'm putting this one on the shelf and waiting for Madden." That is bad news because according to Computer Gaming World Madden '07 stunk up the joint at E3.

I have been playing football games since the Atari 2600 days and nothing changes. Every year the vibe in the first week of a new release is upbeat as people procaim "This is the best thing since sliced bread." I wouldn't be surprised if EA hired some cheap overseas labor to scour the forums spreading false hopes in these forums to lure people into getting out of their chair and picking up the game. Those were my thoughts after NCAA 2006 came out and the posts sound the same as this year. I picked up the game and within hours I thought "This game blows big chunks, who are these people that say it's the best football game ever?"

I suppose it's human nature to see the good things first because you wait a year to get that new version in your hands and the excitement overwhelmes you. However, the reality is that we are at least 10 years away from having a game that plays like "real" football. Making 22 players on a field act like human is extremely difficult and the current technology only allows for limited AI programming. EA has to compensate for these limitations by installing cheats. This year they are getting cute and trying to mask the cheating by calling it a "momentum meter." I laugh at these posts that say "I was up 42-7 then the computer got momentum off a filed goal and came back and beat me."

Please folks, there is nothing here that makes me want to upgrade to the 360. I will buy the current gen version only because I want to support the companies that make football games. If people dont buy it then EA will stop making it. Every year slight progressions will be made until someday we will finally have the Holy Grail in our hands. I just hope I am still around when that day comes, but it sure as heck isn't NCAA 2007.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Don't buy into the hype just yet. If you are waiting to find out if EA truly knocked it out of the park then wait 2 weeks from now. At that time many of these posters that say it's a great game will start posting negative remarks followed by "I'm putting this one on the shelf and waiting for Madden." That is bad news because according to Computer Gaming World Madden '07 stunk up the joint at E3.

I have been playing football games since the Atari 2600 days and nothing changes. Every year the vibe in the first week of a new release is upbeat as people procaim "This is the best thing since sliced bread." I wouldn't be surprised if EA hired some cheap overseas labor to scour the forums spreading false hopes in these forums to lure people into getting out of their chair and picking up the game. Those were my thoughts after NCAA 2006 came out and the posts sound the same as this year. I picked up the game and within hours I thought "This game blows big chunks, who are these people that say it's the best football game ever?"

I suppose it's human nature to see the good things first because you wait a year to get that new version in your hands and the excitement overwhelmes you. However, the reality is that we are at least 10 years away from having a game that plays like "real" football. Making 22 players on a field act like human is extremely difficult and the current technology only allows for limited AI programming. EA has to compensate for these limitations by installing cheats. This year they are getting cute and trying to mask the cheating by calling it a "momentum meter." I laugh at these posts that say "I was up 42-7 then the computer got momentum off a filed goal and came back and beat me."

Please folks, there is nothing here that makes me want to upgrade to the 360. I will buy the current gen version only because I want to support the companies that make football games. If people dont buy it then EA will stop making it. Every year slight progressions will be made until someday we will finally have the Holy Grail in our hands. I just hope I am still around when that day comes, but it sure as heck isn't NCAA 2007.

Hey former 2K programmer, are you still looking for a job? heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #64
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

great game..but severs blow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »