Home

has ea knocked this one out of the park??

This is a discussion on has ea knocked this one out of the park?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 02:16 AM   #1
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Talking has ea knocked this one out of the park??

man this game is amazing!!!! I forgot that ea had this in them, I mean between the receivers that actually catch the ball when they are open, the overhead cam which really opens up the passing game and helps you see the cb blitz, with the expanded playbooks on both sides of the ball, i must take my hat off to ea for getting this one right!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: has ea knocked this one out of the park??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
man this game is amazing!!!! I forgot that ea had this in them, I mean between the receivers that actually catch the ball when they are open, the overhead cam which really opens up the passing game and helps you see the cb blitz, with the expanded playbooks on both sides of the ball, i must take my hat off to ea for getting this one right!!!
i agree, i've actually even been able to get over the fact i'm playing with #'s and not names, it's incredible!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-18-2006, 03:57 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i agree, i've actually even been able to get over the fact i'm playing with #'s and not names, it's incredible!!
It's starting to grow on me.. I never felt so god about returning a kickoff for a TD before..Untouched..Just made a single juke & open field..& you appreciate getting yards..They are not easy to get.& when you do get yards.you EARNED them..& the momentum meter, to my suprise, seems very well implemented..The players have weight to them..But I still see wideopen drops..Way too many deflection, too many dropped picks, Repetitive animations..But I'm being a bit picky, & some can be remedied with sliders.I have the demo by the way.Still not sure about buying the game..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-18-2006, 05:06 AM   #4
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hey Odogg. Where did you get your game in Hawaii? I've tried calling many places and they said they didn't have it on Monday yet. Any help would be appreciated bud. Thnx
Old 07-18-2006, 05:18 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

It is a homerun for sure. I don't think it is a grand slam but more of insid ethe park type. Something you just didn't expect. It plays and looks better than the demo which I didn't believe until I played it tonight. If you have the 360 go get it. If you don't by the time Madden comes out you will have to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 05:44 AM   #6
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestKJ
Hey Odogg. Where did you get your game in Hawaii? I've tried calling many places and they said they didn't have it on Monday yet. Any help would be appreciated bud. Thnx

ODogg doesn't live in Hawaii.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:20 AM   #7
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
It's starting to grow on me.. I never felt so god about returning a kickoff for a TD before..Untouched..Just made a single juke & open field..& you appreciate getting yards..They are not easy to get.& when you do get yards.you EARNED them..& the momentum meter, to my suprise, seems very well implemented..The players have weight to them..But I still see wideopen drops..Way too many deflection, too many dropped picks, Repetitive animations..But I'm being a bit picky, & some can be remedied with sliders.I have the demo by the way.Still not sure about buying the game..
Well then you cant really say what the actual game feels like. So like the title of this post says, EA hit this one pretty freaking hard. I say its a two run homer!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #8
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
ODogg doesn't live in Hawaii.
It's official. I am an idiot. I'm sorry, I assumed because of his logo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »