Home

1080i Question

This is a discussion on 1080i Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 1080i Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodite24
Out of curiousity, set the 360 to output in 480p
Does it look better than 1080i? Less jaggies?
I tried that. A slight decrease in jags, but not much. I just found out the component connections on my tv are for 480i/480p/1080i. That explains why 720p does not work for me. I do have a DVI connection which is capable of 720p. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any XBOX 360 DVI adapters being available yet. I'm just wondering why this is the only game I'm having the problem with. I didn't have this issue with Madden 360?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #66
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

yep, this is what some of us are dealing with. every game looks fine, but this one. i'm debating taking it back... i'm usually not a graphics whore, but it's hard to stomach how bad it looks. i paid for a nextgen system and next gen looking games not pixelated mush. for those of you that love how this game looks on your tv (and your tv is actually not a jaggy mess) i salute you and congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
For some reason this game shows "jaggies" on my TV 2005 62" Mitsu DLP. Have not had this problem with any other 360 games??
Old 07-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #67
MVP

faster's Arena

I downloaded the madden demo just to compare. Madden looks awesome... tremendous in comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
I tried that. A slight decrease in jags, but not much. I just found out the component connections on my tv are for 480i/480p/1080i. That explains why 720p does not work for me. I do have a DVI connection which is capable of 720p. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any XBOX 360 DVI adapters being available yet. I'm just wondering why this is the only game I'm having the problem with. I didn't have this issue with Madden 360?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #68
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

I have a Toshiba 52" DLP and I get the occasional freeze and the jaggies on the player models and stadiums. I am going to change my XBOX settings and TV settings and see if that helps as suggested. Just kinda sux when Madden 06 look amazing and Oblivion roxors as well.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #69
MVP

faster's Arena

Please post if you find out what it is.... there's no way this is just "in our head" because it's pretty bad looking. When every person that's seen it on my TV asks what the problem is, I know something's wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I have a Toshiba 52" DLP and I get the occasional freeze and the jaggies on the player models and stadiums. I am going to change my XBOX settings and TV settings and see if that helps as suggested. Just kinda sux when Madden 06 look amazing and Oblivion roxors as well.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 11

I turned my sharpness down to 0 and it fixed it

For people who are seing a really quick freeze. If you are seeing it after a play when its trying to go back to the playcalling screen, thats not your TV, thats the game trying to switch screens and load up commentary at the same time.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #71
MVP

faster's Arena

It makes it slightly better... I don't know if "fix" is the right term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I turned my sharpness down to 0 and it fixed it

For people who are seing a really quick freeze. If you are seeing it after a play when its trying to go back to the playcalling screen, thats not your TV, thats the game trying to switch screens and load up commentary at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 11:42 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is anyone else worried that this may be an issue with Madden 07? I'm not too concerned, but it's making me wonder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »