Home

TeamXbox reviews NCAA for 360

This is a discussion on TeamXbox reviews NCAA for 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: TeamXbox reviews NCAA for 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
Each game should be reviewed as though it was a brand new game from a brand new game maker. The game is solid, missing some small fluff shouldn't sway the rating.
Fair is fair and people are going to have an opinion. I do agree that gameplay is first and foremost. However, if some things are missing like extra camera angles that we have come to expect, I think it is fair to deduct points. How many points you remove is FF's argument. Is it one point for one camera, no names online, no editing equipment of players, etc. or do you give more weight to it?

Its all personal preference and a lot of casual gamers probably like some of that stuff. I know my nephew likes to create himself in games and having fun with their equipment is part of it (even if a tiny one).
Old 07-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #10
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

As a Reviewer (and this is simply my personal opinion), a game should never be penalized for not having a feature that is (in essence - fluff). Especially when it is technically a debut on a new console. If it were missing something football related like...say... Safeties.... PROBLEM. Not having the ESPN covers or Spring Game (which has never been there before) is really unfair to score against.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 07-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
this part is what gets me. the gameplay between NCAA 07 and current gen NCAA 06 are completely different.
From all the impressions I have read, this seems true. I wonder if people who loved 2006 on current gen, don't like the 360 version as much (or vice versa).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #12
Rookie

dvdguy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
As a Reviewer (and this is simply my personal opinion), a game should never be penalized for not having a feature that is (in essence - fluff). Especially when it is technically a debut on a new console. If it were missing something football related like...say... Safeties.... PROBLEM. Not having the ESPN covers or Spring Game (which has never been there before) is really unfair to score against.
How about no referees or chain gang?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #13
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguy
That would be the definition of fluff.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #14
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Funny how the review said you can't name coaches...that IS possible, its just not as obvious I guess.

I think this is the review people who were unsure about getting the 360 version wanted to read. Seems like at the least NCAA is a solid, deep football game that will hold us of for the entire football season.

Last edited by redxiiixi; 07-18-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguy
I wouldn't necessarily call it fluff.... but no referees or chain gangs is fine. Now, if that equaled no penalties and no first downs.... problem.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 02:22 PM   #16
ddeweil

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
From all the impressions I have read, this seems true. I wonder if people who loved 2006 on current gen, don't like the 360 version as much (or vice versa).

That's kinda like me. I have a PS2 and prefer the current-gen "feel" of the game rather than the next-gen version. I'm really not surprised by that since I did not care for Madden 360. But yeah, that may be an accurate assessment for some people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »