Home

TeamXbox reviews NCAA for 360

This is a discussion on TeamXbox reviews NCAA for 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
TeamXbox reviews NCAA for 360

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360...ootball-07/p1/

Gives it an 8.5.... the lack of features is what holds it back from being a hall of fame game... I agree with that part....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: TeamXbox reviews NCAA for 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloTorres
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360...ootball-07/p1/

Gives it an 8.5.... the lack of features is what holds it back from being a hall of fame game... I agree with that part....
I don't agree, I will not agree with any reviewer who says the game is not HOF status because of missing features. I love the gameplay and dynasty mode, and thats what 75% of NCAA gamers care about and care about only is gameplay/dynasty mode, and EA did these both great this year...So all the other gimmiek options missing from the game is just fine to me, as long as dyansty mode is complete, and gameplay kick @ss I'm happy as hell..
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I don't agree, I will not agree with any reviewer who says the game is not HOF status because of missing features. I love the gameplay and dynasty mode, and thats what 75% of NCAA gamers care about and care about only...So all the other gimmiek options missing from the game is just fine to me, as long as dyansty mode is complete, so am I..

I could care less about features as well... but lets remembe that the review is based on the general public and not you and I... Having those features just enhances the game even more as a video game... it gives it more replay value... To me the game is fantastic and all I need is to play my season and play friends and on line... but to others they love that other stuff and if it had it then the game would be the ultimate...
Old 07-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloTorres
I could care less about features as well... but lets remembe that the review is based on the general public and not you and I... Having those features just enhances the game even more as a video game... it gives it more replay value... To me the game is fantastic and all I need is to play my season and play friends and on line... but to others they love that other stuff and if it had it then the game would be the ultimate...
I hear ya, well we know we love the game and thats all that matters, I give the game a 9.4.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

9.4 sounds about right to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I love the gameplay and dynasty mode, and thats what 75% of NCAA gamers care about and care about only is gameplay/dynasty mode, and EA did these both great this year...
You just proved yourself wrong by that quote. If you attribute 75% to gameplay and dynasty, even a perfect score is only 75/100 given other features get a zero score. If you gave gameplay/dynasty a 70/75 (93% which is excellent), the other missing stuff gets a 15/25 (60%) for a total of 85% which is what they gave it. Just playing devil's advocate since you do have to allocate some points to the other stuff.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You just proved yourself wrong by that quote. If you attribute 75% to gameplay and dynasty, even a perfect score is only 75/100 given other features get a zero score. If you gave gameplay/dynasty a 70/75 (93% which is excellent), the other missing stuff gets a 15/25 (60%) for a total of 85% which is what they gave it. Just playing devil's advocate since you do have to allocate some points to the other stuff.

Each game should be reviewed as though it was a brand new game from a brand new game maker. The game is solid, missing some small fluff shouldn't sway the rating.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team XBOX
The visuals are the main innovator here. The gameplay has stayed largely unchanged less the new kicking mechanic and a few additions on either side of the ball. The third-person camera perspectives of the Xbox version would have really helped.

this part is what gets me. the gameplay between NCAA 07 and current gen NCAA 06 are completely different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »