Home

IGN Review up

This is a discussion on IGN Review up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: IGN Review up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Exactly how I feel. Everyone values certain aspects of a game differently. For me, gameplay trumps all, and I'm impressed with what I've seen from NCAA 07 thus far.
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a great game. Can you imagine what NCAA 08 will be like? Or even Madden 07 for that matter? And besides...even if EA put ESPN magazine in the game, people would complain about inaccurate text on the page numbers or something weak like that. Gameplay first gentlemen. How many of you REALLY played race for the heisman mode that much over dynasty anyway?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 3

So let me see....

Game plays great but doesn;t have silly features like RFTH,Spring Game, and some dumb mag covers most people never bothered with anyways so it's not good? I dunno guys. For me, and I can only speak for me...RFTH was dumb and never bothered with it, Spring game would be nice but after one or two plays I know I'd skip it, the Dynasty isnt nearly what they say...in season recruiting, end season, it;s all there. Mag covers were nothing but background fodder. As far as the football goes I find this to be the top game I;ve played. Nothing...NOTHING is without hiccups, this game has very few I've seen after 10 or so games. Once again the people of OS are better reviewers than this stuff IMHO.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #43
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I have to take a big IGN every morning after breakfast.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

For me, reading a review like this is pointless, as it is one persons opinion. The best review you can get is to come to a site like this and read through the hundreds of posts about the game, and get opinions from everyone. The review on IGN discusses how last years version was game of the year. Right off the bat, I should have stopped reading the review. Although last years game was good, the long balls turned the game from simulation to an NFL Blitz type game. Many games have problems, but if you are aware of them and play an honest game, you can just not use them. But in last years game, the computer was always throwing bombs and it was just too frustrating to play after a while. So to praise last years game in an effort to set up talking down this game, is ridiculous.

So far this game has met most of my expectations for what I look for in a football game. Half of the missing features are lame anyway, IMO. The gameplay is awesome, and I haven't even messed with the sliders yet.

No ESPN the Mag is something that depresses me a little. For a dynasty mode, I need something to suck me into what is going on around the league. In the past few games, the SI Mag did a great job at this. It gave me a general sense about what was going on around the league. The best implementation of this I've ever seen is Sportscenter on 2K5. But I find that magazine to be a very acceptable feature. Missing it is sure to be a disappointment when I start my dynasty.

As time goes on and I play more games, I'm sure to find a lot more that I don't like. But by this time last year, I was already frustrated with the 'game of the year'.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanPride
So let me see....

Game plays great but doesn;t have silly features like RFTH,Spring Game, and some dumb mag covers most people never bothered with anyways so it's not good? I dunno guys. For me, and I can only speak for me...RFTH was dumb and never bothered with it, Spring game would be nice but after one or two plays I know I'd skip it, the Dynasty isnt nearly what they say...in season recruiting, end season, it;s all there. Mag covers were nothing but background fodder. As far as the football goes I find this to be the top game I;ve played. Nothing...NOTHING is without hiccups, this game has very few I've seen after 10 or so games. Once again the people of OS are better reviewers than this stuff IMHO.
Co-sign.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #46

OVR: 34

It should be noted that the same one who reviewed this for the 360 also wrote the piece of trash article on the "state of NFL football games." I don't say that to discredit the game, I haven't played it except for the demo.

Again, it is amazing to me how many people rely on other means of information to determine whether or not they'll enjoy a game. Rent the game and see if it's for you or not, and listen to trusted resources (namely some folks here at OS).
Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #47
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanPride
So let me see....

exactly! nicely said, I agree
Old 07-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #48
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

He is right on about the framerate issues. Try playing at notre dame at night time, and sometimes the game runs at about 15 fps or so, just chugging along. The review is solid, points out the good stuff, as well the bad. The presentation is what kills it for me. Im so tired of seeing the same cutscenes everyplay. When you skip the huddle break, it all of the sudden cuts to every one at the line. How about showing them walking up to the line and being able to get a feel for the game, where everyone is lining up, instead of having the same thing being crammed down our throats every play? It reaks of being unfinished. I still enjoy the game, but its not even close to some of the past football games as far as being the best. I have only had it for one day, so its hard to give it a score in such a short time, and those that are saying its perfect obviously dont know what perfect is. Its solid, but needs to go along way to reach the realm of such titles as Winning Eleven, NFL 2k, and TOCA racing as far as superior sports titles go.

Also, no IU stadium is a real bummer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »