Home

How's the recruiting?

This is a discussion on How's the recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #17
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How's the recruiting?

rjb that sounds like a good class after a rough season.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #18
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

In-season was tougher for me. Going 11-2 (simming) with OSU, I landed zero of my 12 in-season recruits. I think 5 of them went to Notre Dame. Something like 9 of these guys were Ohioans.

Postseason is the same old. Notre Dame and Michigan each took 10 guys from Ohio. I landed three of Ohio's 20 4/5* players, and I still ended up with the 12th ranked class, only because I didn't have many scholarships open.

In the future, it would be nice if in-state players are almost a lock for you, especially in Ohio, Cali, Florida, and Texas.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #19
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

360 Version...

I started a "practice" dynasty last night and was amazed/pleased as I went into in-season recruiting to find that there was a total or 5 Five Star recruits available. The bigger shock was that there was only ONE player interested in my school. He was a 4 star player.

I was playing with Maryland- a fairly middle of the road team this year.

So, yeah, I would say recruiting seems a bit harder. This was only one dynasty and I'm curious to see if this is how things will be but I've never checked out interested prospects before to see only one player interested in my school. I went on to target mostly three and four star recruits. I tried one of the five star recruits to see if there was any chance in signing him.

Only made it to week five when I turned it off for the night. The one guy that interested in my school (the one I figured was a lock) went from me being his top choice to his fifth choice by week three despite getting about 10-12 recruiting points a week. He flat out rejected me by week 4. Of the remaining 11 recruits I initially targeted, I dropped about 3 after week one because I was last out of 8 schools and figured the points would be better spent elsewhere. There were two guys who had me in the top two, about 4 who had me in their top 5 and the rest had me near the bottom. By week five, when I turned it off, there were three guys who I figured I still had a shot at and three others that I was still giving points to but it wasn't looking good.

Curisous to play around more...
Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedShades
In the future, it would be nice if in-state players are almost a lock for you, especially in Ohio, Cali, Florida, and Texas.
Sure it'd be nice if you were playing as a school from one of those states, but it wouldn't be very realistic. Every year Michigan pulls a few big recruits out of Ohio and California. Those states are so stocked with talent that they routinely get picked over by out of state schools.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #21
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

There are way too many 4 star players.

I don't know why this continues to be an issue.

Then ofcourse there is the player progression. Way too many players jump 20 pts OVR during their stay. That should happen, but only rarely.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »