Home

Question about the alternate uniforms

This is a discussion on Question about the alternate uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #17
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Question about the alternate uniforms

With all the stuff missing from the 360 version is would be nice if EA didn't try to f' its fans over any more and just posted the new unis as they finish them - free for all to download. Nothing says content must have a fee attached to it, lots of games offer free downloads. It would also insure everyone got to use them together online.

Show us you aren't completely evil EA. Do something for the gamers for a change without thinking of the bottom line - after all it is we who support you year in and year out. The least you could do is throw a bone to all the fans who purchased the less then feature rich 360 version.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:26 AM   #18
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
With all the stuff missing from the 360 version is would be nice if EA didn't try to f' its fans over any more and just posted the new unis as they finish them - free for all to download. Nothing says content must have a fee attached to it, lots of games offer free downloads. It would also insure everyone got to use them together online.

Show us you aren't completely evil EA. Do something for the gamers for a change without thinking of the bottom line - after all it is we who support you year in and year out. The least you could do is throw a bone to all the fans who purchased the less then feature rich 360 version.
Good post!

Considering how bare bones the 360 version is, giving us the alt. uniforms for FREE would be a solid gesture on EA's part. Don't get me wrong this is probably the best playing NCAA game ever, but the more you get into it the more you notice is missing. I'm not just talking about fluff. Some basic features we've grown accustomed to are missing.

Formation subs, random plays in practice mode, etc... These things have been in games for a while but are not in the 360 version. Giving us the uniforms for free would also be a nice P.R. move. EA would look like heroes for giving us something that has always been in their games for free. But considering there is no competition out there I expect EA to try to drain every last penny out of its customers.

By the way, are the alt. uniforms already in the XBOX and PS2 versions?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:07 AM   #19

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
By the way, are the alt. uniforms already in the XBOX and PS2 versions?
Yeah, we have them on XBOX/PS2.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:45 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Yeah, we have them on XBOX/PS2.

That is the thing that burns me up. The Xbox/PS2 have options that the 360 doesn't have and the 360 version is more money. And now it has come down to paying for alternate uni's. But if you look at the big picture this is business. And we all know business doesn't always come down to principle or what's fair or not fair. EA is looking at this situation like the oil companies are looking at the gas situation. Customers can cry and complain all they want, but they will still give us their money. EA is strictly taking advantage of the power of the 360. Similar to the way the natural gas companies around the nation took advantage of the Katrina disaster. Since when do you need oil to make natural gas? Two year old house, single and live in a 1600 sq ft house alone and my gas bill this winter reached $200 2-3 times! And that was keeping the temp set on 70. A little off subject but the same principle...EA is the new oil company...milking the system.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here's the thing, 2,3,4,5 dollars for all the uniforms, or .50 cents for a teams uniform is not bad. Yes that cheap and yes most can afford that. But it's the principle. If everyone does this, EA makes a boat load of money just off of jersey sales. When you p[ay $60, they woucl atleast include jerseys. This year it will be .50 cents a jersey...next year .75, then 1.00 and on and on. Who knows, maybe they did not have time get the jerseys in the game, and you will be able to download them for free. There's nothing saying that you will have to pay for them, but you probably will. I just think it's stupid to have to pay for jerseys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Good post!

Considering how bare bones the 360 version is, giving us the alt. uniforms for FREE would be a solid gesture on EA's part. Don't get me wrong this is probably the best playing NCAA game ever, but the more you get into it the more you notice is missing. I'm not just talking about fluff. Some basic features we've grown accustomed to are missing.

Formation subs, random plays in practice mode, etc... These things have been in games for a while but are not in the 360 version.
The things you are mentioning were probably used by less than 10 % of the people who played this game. I didn't even know those things were missing until you just told me.

Bare bones? Hah, hardly.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #23
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

Get ready folks, 'cause this is only the beginning. In the years to come expect to pay for more and more things that were formerly included in the game.

Anyone who thinks EA won't do this is deluding themselves.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #24
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawsoniii
Get ready folks, 'cause this is only the beginning. In the years to come expect to pay for more and more things that were formerly included in the game.

Anyone who thinks EA will be the only software publisher to do this is deluding themselves.
Fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »