Home

Football & the power of the 360?

This is a discussion on Football & the power of the 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #41
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Football & the power of the 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
You guys blow me away with your over analysis of this crap. People who makes these games work their a$$es off and i'm getting sick and tired of people commenting on EA and how they are lazy and out to screw the consumer...... IT'S RIDICULOUS.

It's a videogame people, wake up. If you don't like this years version, then wait for next years and see if that does it for you. Instead of concentrating on what's wrong with the game, focus on what's right with it.

And the horse$hit about well I spent $400 on a 360 and that entitles me to the games the way I envisioned them is hilarious. If you really feel that way, then you shouldn't of bought a 360 yet. You shouldve waited to see if a game came out that was going to meet your expectations.

Kind of like the dude that was betching cuz he spent $500 on NCAA before it even came out and was complaining becuz he wasn't what he thought it was going to be. Then it's screw EA, they did it to me again...yea it's always someone elses fault right?

WAh, EA isn't entertaining me the way I want to be entertained, WAH!
We've already established that this thread isn't about any of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #42
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by driddy
NBA2k7 is supposed to have players check in at the scorer's table and wait to come into the game, I hope these systems will be able to something similar with the football games. Whether it be via cutscenes at first, then later actual in game.
This is what made me think about this. They seem to be heading in that direction. But I wonder if it's because there are a lot less models to account for.

And I like that they went the "in game" route. Cut scenes always take the models out of context. Players in the in-game shot mysteriously not in the cut scene, models going in a direction for the cut scene but ending up in another spot after, ect.

Because of the distance, if you want to show a football coaches reaction, you technically have to change views, but I wish they would show these scenes in the proper context and make it look like an in-game shot instead of, HEY! HERE COMES A CUT SCENE!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Some of the things you mentioned are definitely possible.

But, in my opinion, sports games have never pushed the envelope. And as far as AI, this comes down to the person coding it. You're not playing against an intelligent CPU, you're playing against an intelligent coder.
Good post
Old 07-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #44
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

Basically, we as consumers are expected to give all sports gaming companies mulligans for their first 360 iterations. So the Madden 360s, the NCAA 360s, the NBA 2K6 360s, the College Hoops 360s, are all just to hold us over I guess until a non ported game is created ( I don't care what EA says, their sports games are ports in my opinion if not in the literal sense) Madden 07, NBA 2K7, NHL 07, NHL 2K7, College Hoops 2K7, and NBA Live 07 should give us some indication on how much effort we should expect for next year and beyong regarding next gen sports gaming. On one hand, I'm not expecting EA products to really peak that much from where they are now. I'm expecting a bit more from 2K Sports based on how much improvement they've shown year to year on current gen. Call me biased but this generation right here is going to set the tone for who dominates sports video gaming for the next 10 years. My money right now is on 2K sports. These two companies having been battling out now for 3 generations. EA has always had the upper hand in popularity, but Sega/ 2K Sports has always had the upper hand in quality in my opinion.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:34 PM   #45
Banned

The fact that Mario Running (trademarked by EA Sports) is still in the 360 versions of EA's football games leads me to believe that the question isn't about the power of the hardware, but the talent level at Tiburon. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #46
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Sports games will never be as perfect as we want them to be due to the every year cycle. Both companies struggle with this. Oblivion is awesome, but it wasn't made in one year, it took alot longer. They even delayed it so more time is needed to get our favorite basketabll, football, baseball, hockey and other sports games to that level.

I read the thread about people arguing the perfect score that NCAA got in a magazine. No sports game in history deserves a rating above 9. Why? Flaws. Every game has them, and multiple ones at that. What counts is how much fun you have playing them. I like NCAA 360 alot. It could be better, but it is fresh unlike the current gen which for me got extremely stale the last couple of years.

I hope the 360 games keep improving. I am excited about Madden, because it will be the 2nd year. It looks really polished. The basketball games from both companies look great, and hockey looks great too. I want it now too, but life isn't fair sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »