Home

For the new generation gamer crying and whining....

This is a discussion on For the new generation gamer crying and whining.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: For the new generation gamer crying and whining....

And 200 years ago people didn't have electricity and running water, so you better not complain if your power goes out for a week.

Yeah, I remember College Football on the Genesis and that stuff, but that doesn't mean I should just be greatful that NCAA 07 is 3D. If it was free I'd agree, but it's not, we pay for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #26
Rookie

dmhardin's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister
I blame the internet for all of this. I remember growing up, Madden was the best sports game out, and no one could tell you otherwise. You just played the game for what it was and anticipated what EA would do next year. There was no CAP or anything like that, so when your favorite team drafted a player you had to wait until the the new Madden came out to play as them. There were no season stats, records, or recruting. Does anyone remember Bill Walsh's College Football? The players weren't even in the likeness of their real life counterparts. The only way you could get a review of a game before it came out was to stare at Electonic Gaming Monthly magazine every day until the game's release date. We were what I call inocent gamers.

However, these days the internet has provided us withi the ability to get a game review 10 minutes after someone purchased the game. We can see videos and images months before the release date, which causes the hate to begin. The internet has allowed people can come together anonymously and complain about anything. This causes people who think alike to be united and more complaining persues.

This is one of the problems with technological advancements. When the technology gets better, novice people begin to dream even bigger. This is when you get people comlaining about everything from how the grass looks to what angle the sun is hitting seat 120A in the Orange Bowl.
Excellent. I agree with all of this. And it's not just video games; you can say the same thing about movies, TV shows, music albums, real-life sports teams, and pretty much any other source of entertainment. The thing I wonder about is whether a certain percentage of the population has always been generally negative and overly critical about things they purportedly like and these people now have a forum to do this, or whether the Internet has caused more people to think this way because the amount of negative information available is so much greater now than it was in the Genesis and Nintendo days.

Or maybe it's just that 15-20 years ago I was a kid and didn't look at things as analytically and critically as I do now that I'm a 24-year-old law student, and all of my friends were the same way. Even now, though, I don't read the bug/glitch or wishlists threads; I'll use the forums to find sliders or rosters, gameplay suggestions, or to kill time at work (as I'm doing now). I'll play a game, and if I think it's fun, that's good enough for me.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm not settling at all. I think its the best looking and best playing FB game to date. I'm very pleased. Gameplay and Graphics. 2 most important things to me.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister
If gaming is your passion and you have a great deal of knowledge to go with it, than you in my mind have a right to complain. However, my issue is with the novice gamer who constantly complains just to hear or see themselves complain, yet they purchase and play both Madden and NCAA religously every year. I actually commend those who complain and rent the game before purchasing it, as this is consistent behavior in line with someone who isn't happy with EA.

I believe NCAA 07 is the best version of NCAA I have played, that is a simple fact for me, so I don't see how that is settling. To tell you the truth I did not like MAdden 06 on the PS2, so I returned it and got my money back. I'm sure if most people did that instead of posting on a message boards about how the game is terrible, yet still purchase it every year, EA would get the picture.
We agree to disagree. For some reason I cannot explain, MADDEN06 was favorable to me. Maybe because I had no thoughts going into it. Now that the "Dev kits" have been in their hands longer..and we have to pay for these "exclusive" rights and "Next gen" namesakes....My expectations will rise too.

This game is "meat and potatoes" football with limited EA SPORTS NCAA franchise standard features. At the very least, I would expect updated graphics, improved gameplay (both satisfied) along with ALL THE CURRENT features and minor improvements/extras. (ONLY because this is the 1st year of the console)......Madden06 , I guess, I passed as a thrown out "launch" title and made the most of it. I will with this game...cause thats what I do. But my opinions wont be "settling".
Old 07-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #29
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I find it incredibly amusing that your name is Jack Mauer and your post count is 24. Don't post ever again for that reason alone.
That is awesome.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:13 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Then, by using your logic, someone should just download the demo for the game, since it's basic FOOTBALL, and spare themselves $60?
You see. Trying to sound so smart, you sound stupid. That is exactly my point. I will play your game. So the retail version of NCAA 2007 is now just a "demo"? You need to read my post again, as well as these other guys who share my gaming experience.

The point of my thread is somehow you guys have lost sight of what a football videogame is. Your trying to redefine something that needs no redefinition. I will use Serena Williams as an example. She gained her fame as a Tennis player. All that she has she owes to Tennis. She lost sight of that, and her game suffered for it. She tried to become a TV Star, Fashion Model/Designer, etc. All to the detriment of her game. She is trying to come back now with a new focus, centered squarely on Tennis. In essence, she is "getting back to the basics". Same principle applies here.

EA has been focusing so hard on things extraneous to the game of football that the actual football game took a backseat. They seem to be trying to get back to the basics of football. Yet, many of you who don't even seem to be football fans continue to concern yourselves more with off the field matters more than on.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #31
Rookie

McAlister's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhardin
Excellent. I agree with all of this. And it's not just video games; you can say the same thing about movies, TV shows, music albums, real-life sports teams, and pretty much any other source of entertainment. The thing I wonder about is whether a certain percentage of the population has always been generally negative and overly critical about things they purportedly like and these people now have a forum to do this, or whether the Internet has caused more people to think this way because the amount of negative information available is so much greater now than it was in the Genesis and Nintendo days.
I agree, our culture is too negative for it's own good. I think people have always been negative, but today due to technological advancements such as the internet people have become more negative towards almost everything and this is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhardin
Or maybe it's just that 15-20 years ago I was a kid and didn't look at things as analytically and critically as I do now that I'm a 24-year-old law student, and all of my friends were the same way. Even now, though, I don't read the bug/glitch or wishlists threads; I'll use the forums to find sliders or rosters, gameplay suggestions, or to kill time at work (as I'm doing now). I'll play a game, and if I think it's fun, that's good enough for me.
I use these forums in a similar fashion to you, just for rosters and sliders, and occasionally game reviews (Madden, NCAA, Colege Hoops and NBA 2K) are the only games I really play). I also agree with you in that if the game is fun, I play it! However, I guess I'm Old School.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #32
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mauer
We agree to disagree. For some reason I cannot explain, MADDEN06 was favorable to me. Maybe because I had no thoughts going into it. Now that the "Dev kits" have been in their hands longer..and we have to pay for these "exclusive" rights and "Next gen" namesakes....My expectations will rise too.

This game is "meat and potatoes" football with limited EA SPORTS NCAA franchise standard features. At the very least, I would expect updated graphics, improved gameplay (both satisfied) along with ALL THE CURRENT features and minor improvements/extras. (ONLY because this is the 1st year of the console)......Madden06 , I guess, I passed as a thrown out "launch" title and made the most of it. I will with this game...cause thats what I do. But my opinions wont be "settling".

Watch out! You may have just been eaten by a pack of quotations...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »