Home

The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is...

This is a discussion on The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #9
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigertank
Yeah.

That plus: Online leagues, Gang Tackling, VIP, realistic lineplay, etc, etc....
Have you even played NCAA 07 yet? Because I think the lineplay is the most realistic that I have seen out of any football series yet. Is it perfect? No but it is MUCH improved.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Actaully I think the biggest thing 2K5 has over NCAA and Madden is about 4000 animations.

Which in a round about way does include the penalty calls.
Minnesota Wild
Old 07-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #11
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

What about Sportscenter? I loved the weekly recaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

I am going to stop at Gamestop on the way home, drop the $1.99 for NFL2K5 on the Xbox and do a straight up, no BS comparison tonight.

VIP was very cool and something I would LOVE to see brought over.
FP-mode was very experimental and tough to get into, but it was taking risks.

The other things - like "presentation" and "highlights" and "recaps" were so repetitive it was ******** within a few games. Berman was even more annoying in the game than in real life because he only had so many things he could say and most of them repeated way too often. I skipped those great fetures within a week....but hey, my memory could be wrong and $2 is a small price to pay for a copy of "the greatest footbal game ever"....
Old 07-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah I really miss getting flagged for holding on a 35 yard run and seeing my RB get -35 yards deducted from his pre-rush yards total.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-19-2006, 06:19 PM   #14
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
Penalties. In my opinion that's the only area where I can see NCAA 07 lacking behind 2K5. NFL2K5 was the BEST game that I have ever played when it came to penalties being called and the animations associated with them. DEFENSIVE Holding was called, OFFENSIVE Pass Interference was called, and the animations for them were awesome. On instant replay you could clearly see your LB or CB holding the reciever and knocking them off of their route illegally, or you could see the reciever push off or bump into the defensive player to get position on the ball. That made the game way more realistic as dumb penalties like that could KILL a drive (or keep one alive for the other team) and force you to alter your strategy.

NCAA does a poor job of penalties in general; as holding calls on instant replay look like regular legal blocks, and so do clipping calls. There is NO defensive holding called at all, NO offensive pass interference calls, and when defensive pass interference IS called, it is spotty at best, as certain blatant calls are overlooked, but smaller bumps and touches are not. What would be cool is if EA fixed the penalty calling system, added animations to go along with certain penalties, AND incorporated a discipline attribute into each player and team. That way certain players and teams would be more apt to comitting dumb penalties at crucial times (i.e. Virginia Tech being very disciplined and a team like Florida State or Miami being less disciplined). This would add so much depth and realism to gameplay (and also force you to strongly consider what team you are choosing), as you would have to make decisions like yanking a good player at a crucial moment, because he has already comitted 2 dumb penalties and you can't afford for him to do it again in crunch time.

If EA were to incorporate the aforementioned penalty/discipline aspect into their games (along with a few minor other things like: individual defensive playermakes, and short, medium, and long QB accuracy and throwing strength ratings), then I really think that NCAA would be something special. So far it is the best and most fun football game that I have ever played (including 2K5), and for me personally, EA has alleviated alot of my fears when 2K football was given the boot for the next 5 years (when it comes to college football...Madden is WHOLE nother story!.) I never thought I would say this but, good job EA, just tighten up a few things and in my opinion you will have something truly truly awesome!
Good post. 2ker here but I do really enjoy NCAA. I am disappointed with the presentation but the overall football game aspect does roxor.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #15
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I disagree with original poster. 2K5 had many things on NCAA; NCAA has many things on 2K5. Why can't we both agree that they're different games from different years, even with different LEAGUES and RULES!!

Why does everyone ALWAYS compare the two?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

2kshutthehellup, its over man let it go ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »