Home

"Jumping the snap"

This is a discussion on "Jumping the snap" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #9
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: "Jumping the snap"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Yeah. I loved the R-stick d-line/LB moves from last year and have to learn to use the shoulder buttons now since they removed for 2007.

I'm not a fan of jump the snap. It exposes the poor player interaction even more. Too often if you jump the snap right you knock the OL on their *** and that's too unrealistic. I would prefer to see a guy beat a block by getting penetration or sliding buy rather than simply run a guy over. I think its overdone personally but it does add another dimension to playing with a lineman.
In all the games I played so far (like 6) I have done the jumpthe snap but never have I seen the defender knock the o-line on his back like that. Only time I seen that was wen I did it and it was before the snap...I usually use the jumpthesnap button and either the swim move or rip move at the same time and get great results wen timed right.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
In all the games I played so far (like 6) I have done the jumpthe snap but never have I seen the defender knock the o-line on his back like that. Only time I seen that was wen I did it and it was before the snap...I usually use the jumpthesnap button and either the swim move or rip move at the same time and get great results wen timed right.
I've only played 5 games myself but I would say when I do get the early jump, I probably knock the OL down about 50% of the time (AA default, PS2). I usually only play as a defensive lineman on obvious passing downs and even when I knock them down, a RB or other OL tends to help out so I'm not amassing huge totals here. I simply think when I jump the snap right, it should help me shoot the gap better, not just knock them down (and too much at that). I'll also add I can do this against OL who are rated higher than the DL I'm controlling. I just think it needs to be toned down.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

On 360 jump the snap, I have not seen any offensive linemen get pancaked. I've seen defensive linemen use their moves better because they get the jump, but no pancakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
On 360 jump the snap, I have not seen any offensive linemen get pancaked. I've seen defensive linemen use their moves better because they get the jump, but no pancakes.
Same here, no pancakes on the offensive linemen. I like this feature as it does have alot of risk and reward. If you are late on jumping the snap, the offensive linemen will dominate you through the whole play.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well after deciding to use the "jump the snap" feature, all I can say is that it is pure cheese. I played on heisman and got 11 sacks for the game!!! I "jump the snap" every play and get a great jump almost everytime. I have not got called for offsides once. I thought this feature was supposed to be challenging. You don't even have to have great timing to get a "good jump". This feature is ******** and I can see this getting out of hand when I play online. None of you have noticed the cheese in this?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 62

I agree that is can be far too effective. Another gripe of mine is that the CPU is also far too skilled in jumping the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »