Home

Has EA gained some respect Back?

This is a discussion on Has EA gained some respect Back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 09:28 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Has EA gained some respect Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
No, I think a lot of people may have subconsciously lowered their expectations on what they expect on a next-gen football game because Madden 360 was so disappointing. NCAA 360 is a nice step in the right direction, and Madden 360 seems to be heading in the right direction also. But it seems all but gone are the expectations of a next-gen physics system, much improved presentation, more gameplay options, etc. to enhance the overall experience. I think right now more of the same of what was presented in current gen is the high bar the games have to meet to be considered great.

Should Tiburon be respected more? I think they're doing what should be expected of them - making competent games. I think once they start going above and beyond what's expected is when they'll begin to be regarded more highly
perfect and i agree 100% they have managed to get people to lower their expectations of what a football game should be. whether it be intentional or unintentional it has happened. when your working on a system twice as powerful and the only thing you can muster is better graphics & your yearly update of a few more annimations then something is wrong. i'm not a 2k fan or an EA fan but they really need to step it up.... at this point(for me) last gen gameplay with next gen graphics just isn't enough.....the sad thing is i think this is how it's going to be for the life of the system all we're going to see are minor upgrades.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanchangkang
You should just sit down and be quiet while the adults talk okay?

Oh I'm sorry, if I don't like NCAA 2007 then that automatically never played the game or don't even own it. That's a smart comment. I suggest you engage in logical, ADULT debate.
Not at all. It's entirely possible to play NCAA 07 and not like it, I just don't think you've done that. As I stated it's your post history that calls into question whether you would ever buy or rent an EA product. Do you happen to remember starting this little gem of a topic:

EA is using the same engine from 2000. This is innovation

Your posts in that thread sure don't sound like someone who's going to be rushing out to pick EA's latest offering to me. Perhaps I misunderstood...

Quote:
Sorry if don't have 4000+ comments, I have a life actually. That includes playing sports games like the truly gimped NCAA 2007 for the 360. Seeing that EA has a exclusivity deal with the NFL, NFLPA, NCAA, CFL and AFL I can't play a next gen football game without them. That they are abusing their license is not your fault actually. Just stay in your room and everthing's going to be alright.
Nice comeback. I notice that you have, for the second time in this thread, conveniently managed to avoid specifically stating whether you have actually played NCAA 07. The fact that you have yet to offer a single specific example of legitimate criticism ("truly gimped" doesn't count) only reinforces my previous belief. You want to prove me wrong? Give us some specific examples of NCAA's "gimped-ness".

I'm convinced your sole reason for visiting the NCAA forum at all was that you smelled some anti-EA blood in the water, and you didn't want to miss out on the fun. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #35
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
Exceot for calling EA apoligists "smacktards" LOL.....i think his post was logical and on topic and appropriate for this thread
I'm sure you do...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #36
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm convinced your sole reason for visiting the NCAA forum at all was that you smelled some anti-EA blood in the water, and you didn't want to miss out on the fun. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Amen! Funny how he says that you shouldn't accuse him of not playing NCAA 07 and then never says he has. The topic isn't about NBA Live or Madden 06 gaining respect back for EA...its about NCAA 07. And if you haven't played the game and are posting just beacuse you are a 2K fanboy is a pretty sad fact. And btw, NCAA was always king of college football. No effort by another company in the past 10 years has been close of taking down NCAA football. The naming rights argument only applies to the NFL games...this is an NCAA forum...
Old 07-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
You should just sit down and be quiet while the adults talk okay?
You use the words "abortion", "gimp" and "excrement" in your posts and say coogrfan is not the adult. Clearly you have an agenda and coogrfan is one of the more level headed, intelligent posters around here.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #38
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Not at all. It's entirely possible to play NCAA 07 and not like it, I just don't think you've done that. As I stated it's your post history that calls into question whether you would ever buy or rent an EA product. Do you happen to remember starting this little gem of a topic:

Your posts in that thread sure don't sound like someone who's going to be rushing out to pick EA's latest offering to me. Perhaps I misunderstood...

Nice comeback. I notice that you have, for the second time in this thread, conveniently managed to avoid specifically stating whether you have actually played NCAA 07. The fact that you have yet to offer a single specific example of legitimate criticism ("truly gimped" doesn't count) only reinforces my previous belief. You want to prove me wrong? Give us some specific examples of NCAA's "gimped-ness".

That was great. I spit soda on the cpu here at work. Thanks coogr!
Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Wrong again Weak Sauce. I bought this sorry game two days ago with my hard earned cash. If you don't like my post, refute them like a well adjusted person and maybe we can have a debate.

Truly gimped? I was playing last night and to my chagrin found even more items of note that that EA conveniently decided to cripple/leave out:

1-Coaches Challenge: PLaying Michigan v Wisconsin. My punt returner gets clocked by a tackler, the ball gets loose, Wisconsin recovers and runs it back for a TD. I want to challenge the fumble right? After a 'Momentum Swing' replay, I press pause to challenge the play. THEN IT TELLS ME I CAN'T CHALLENGE BECAUSE THE PLAY IS EITHER NOT CHALLENGABLE OR INSTANT REPLAY WAS ACCESSED FROM THE PAUSE MENU. WTF. Any gamer knows that if you want to challenge a play these days, you don't manually watch the replay before, seems like NCAA's challenge system is broke.

1a-WHen you do manage to get a challenge in, YOU GET NO REPLAY DURING THE CHALLENGE. YOu all know that's BS. Every football game that in the last 3 years, whenever you challenge a play, you at least get a look at the play in question. In NCAA, nothing happens, two seconds later your challenge is either denied or the call is overturned. You guys are telling me that you guys are satisfied with that?

Prove to me why people on this board are proclaiming this game the 'GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER' You ask me why I post nothing but hate for this game. No one has told me why this is the greatest game eva'

Again I'll say this to the ninjas that don't want anyone to rain on their parade. I cannot play another football game for the next couple of years because of EAs exclusivity deal with professional and amateur football. If I am forced to play this dreck, then I'm going to post my dissatisfaction.

All you guys that are settling for what EA is releasing. That's wrong. Deep down you guys know it. Admit it. Don't drink the kool-aid.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

haha, on point....
he won't be back after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »