Home

I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related)

This is a discussion on I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #17
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related)

Way to stick to your guns. I had a similar experience with preordering at GameCrazy and they wouldn't work with me at all to resolve it. I now have 18 bucks of credit over there that I doubt I will ever use cause I just don't want to do business with them.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Getting mad about the hoops they put you through, well you are well within your rigiht.

Getting mad about being stiffed 5 bucks, well you are well within your right there too.

But.....the million dollar question is, if 5 bucks is that huge of a deal to you, should you really be spending money on a video game to begin with? let alont a video game thats anywhere from 10-12 times the 5 bucks you griped about.

thats like this dude at my job who was looking to buy a 41,000 dollar lexus. They had another one that was totally identical on the lot but it had the better wheel package and a sun roof, sticker price on it was 43,000. He said 43,000 was too much. So I had to ask him..if your going to spend 40,000 bucks on a car but 2 grand more is going to bust your piggy bank then you probably have no business buying a car that costs that much in the first place. Same dude looking at a lexus but still lives in a 700 dollar a month apt lol
Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

it actually wasnt over 5 dollars

he was essentially cheated outta 15 dollars....

the 5 he paid, n the 10 they shouldve taken off the game in the first place
Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #20
Rookie

McBolitar's Arena

OVR: 2

Sure it is a big deal. You got screwed. It's not a BIG DEAL, but you don't seem to think that anyway. I would be ticked as well. By the way, I have plenty of money, but it is the principal. They offer the service, they should do it.

As for you guys who don't think $5 is a big deal, I have a PO Box I would be glad to give you to send all your spares
Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #21
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Years ago, I bought a car stereo tape player and had Best Buy install it. Within a week, it was busted. I took it back to them and they said I could either get my money back or exchange it. I told them I wanted my money back. They gave it to me, but wouldn't give back the installation amount. I then checked, and there were no more car stereos at the price I had paid, so that wasn't an option, either. I argued with them a long time, but never got that part of my money back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
You do realize that was his hard earned money?

You do realize the customer does have certain rights, I mean its not like he is making up some idiotic reasoning to loathing a store.

Businesses have a level of morality and most don't keep it too high.

I preordered NCAA 07 at my GameStop, and I live in Jersey, and as most of you know, they raised the sales tax from 6 to 7%. That was only a few weeks ago, now I paid off the game in full back in April way before any of this happened. So I had to work the day of the release, and my Step Mom as nice as she can be, offers to go pick up the game for me. So she goes to Game Stop and when she gets there, they refuse to sell the game to her unless she pays the 1% sales tax hike. Keep in mind the product was paid of in FULL, MONTHS BEFORE the new legislature.

It's just a case of morality, sure it cost her what? 60 cents out of her pocket, the point is if you have good business ethics you won't do stuff like that.
Since thats the government collecting money though and not GameStop maybe they couldnt not charge you the diffrence? Not too clear on how that works but its possible
Old 07-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #23
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Everyone's opinion of a dollar is different so he has a right to be ticked off. Just because you have five dollars to spend doesn't mean you should give it away. You lose five here, five there, and five somewhere else and its already $15. I have money. but as I always say, every dollar counts.

Also his point isn't really the money but the way they do business and I agree. Bad business ethics. I was in a similar situation with a bank I had my business account in and also walked away from them.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #24
Let's Go Mets!!!

Nyrican127's Arena

OVR: 8
Angry Re: I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related)

This seems like a job for Arnold Diaz and the Shame On You crew. I swear some people like to whine and moan like old ladies. Just play the game.
New York Rangers
Florida Gators
Chelsea FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »