Home

I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related)

This is a discussion on I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related)

Looks like the apologists are at it again. "just play the game..." actually why dont you?

- Sorry to here about the bad BB experience. You see some of these guys need to get hit with full diaper before they smell the $hit. Plus, mommy pays the $5 for most of em.

BB is a great store but you handled it good. I do hear its a terrible job and I cant comment on the service as I prefer CC or Gamestop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

It seems to me the money wasn't the point, what he objected to was being shabbily treated by the folks at BB. Imo he's absolutely right to complain.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #27
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I discovered long ago that Best Buy is full of bastad-a$$ sons of biotches. That's why I only use them as a last resort. They hassle you over every little thing. Screw 'em. Go to Wall Mart instead.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg94
I pre ordered NCAA 07 from Best Buy. I got a deal for $10 off any other game for doing so. I went in to pick it up today and it had a price tag of $49.99. I remember a guy here saying that Circuit City had a sale for $39.99. Before the lady rang it up I asked her if they had a price matching policy which I knew she would say yes to. I informed her about the CC price then she called a manager. She said they would NOT match the price. I'm pissed but we argue about it calmly for a few minutes and then I just say screw it. Im about to leave the store( I have my son with me and I'm not going to blow a nut with him there) and she stops me and says she'll call CC to see if they have any PS2 copies. The manager got out the CC ad page and found their price then called the store. She tells me "she'll" save me some time because they only have the xbox version in stock. I told her I can wait to see if they get more.

I leave BB and head straight to CC where I find 100 copies for PS2. I buy it there and go back to BB to get my $5. They won't give me my money back becuase I got the $10 off the other game and they wouldnt do the price match becuase that would be like double dipping. She gave me some lame a$$ excuse about if they let people do that people would get stuff for free... please, thats how coupons and rebates work. Some times you get over. Ive gotten boxes of cereal for $0.50 after store sales and coupon savings. Anyway I got my 4 year-old with me and Im just not going to make him suffer waiting for me to get five bucks. If they would have just told me from the beginning to get bent I could have respected that and still been $5 ahead but putting me through the process of making the alleged phone call was it for me.

They lost a customer who's spent way more than he can afford to spend there over $5.
I understand.....
I always go to BB first because I am a loyal customer. I knew they would price match for me. I went with the intention of not only a price match w/ CC but also wanted the free game guide that CC was offering too (I mean, hey it was free!).
They did not have a problem matching the price for the game, but they would not give me the book free because that was CC's "promotion". So I ask the clerk helping me if they would rather I spend my $40 at CC and she just gave me a blank stare!

So I walked out and went to CC which is literally 1 min away down the street and happily got my game and free book!

But I will continue to shop BB....I'm still a somewhat loyal customer
Old 07-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I discovered long ago that Best Buy is full of bastad-a$$ sons of biotches. That's why I only use them as a last resort. They hassle you over every little thing. Screw 'em. Go to Wall Mart instead.
lol as if wal mart is a good shopping experience
Old 07-20-2006, 03:59 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
Everyone's opinion of a dollar is different so he has a right to be ticked off. Just because you have five dollars to spend doesn't mean you should give it away. You lose five here, five there, and five somewhere else and its already $15. I have money. but as I always say, every dollar counts.

Also his point isn't really the money but the way they do business and I agree. Bad business ethics. I was in a similar situation with a bank I had my business account in and also walked away from them.
off topic: primetime23, your avatar hurts my eyes

i'm a huge pistons fan
Old 07-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #31
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Best Buy price matched my CC ad here in Raleigh. Unfortunately they didn't have any strategy guides, but i don't really care for those anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC31
Sorry everyone for my complaining, I'm just a grump today.
i got a car stereo at a BB...it was an open box and i had them install it...i started to drive away..and tried to put in a cd and it already had one jammed in there!

i stopped...pull right into the bay and they tried to tell me that i would have to wait in line AGAIN to get it taken out and reinstalled with a new one....

i asked for the mrg and he was a complete dick..told me to go call the 800 complaint # if i had a problem with it.

anyway....point is....

customer service counts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »