Home

I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related)

This is a discussion on I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!(NCAA related)

by the way I think Best Buy would only price match and NOT give the free book since stores who price match I believe dont price match on sales or for promotions but again I'm not 100% sure
Old 07-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

This is a side note but I'm realizing how pointless it is to preorder, there's no use of being locked into one store when others possibly will release the game early, not to mention not only is it very unlikely for a game to sell out, there are so many other stores that games are usually pretty easy to find
Old 07-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Best Buy price matched my CC ad here in Raleigh. Unfortunately they didn't have any strategy guides, but i don't really care for those anyway.
They price matched my CC ad at Polaris in Columbus, OH (after the CC across the street was sold out) on Tuesday early afternoon and forced me to take a free guide. When I went up to the register the cashier and I were joking and I said something to the effect of 'I'm not even trying to get the guide...' When the manager came by to approve it, she told me to make sure to get my strategy guide.

Nice to know that they don't remember from my brief (painful) stint there 2 years ago... though it looks like the entire regime has changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lericho
They price matched my CC ad at Polaris in Columbus, OH (after the CC across the street was sold out) on Tuesday early afternoon and forced me to take a free guide. When I went up to the register the cashier and I were joking and I said something to the effect of 'I'm not even trying to get the guide...' When the manager came by to approve it, she told me to make sure to get my strategy guide.

Nice to know that they don't remember from my brief (painful) stint there 2 years ago... though it looks like the entire regime has changed.
That just goes to show that they don't have a uniform policy on price matching. There was no way they were going to let me have to guide. This also is not the first time they would not match an 'offer'/'promotion' for me. They (at least the one in particular that I go to) will only match the price of the product itself. Anything extra with it is considered a 'promotion'....

sad really since I always go to BB first when I want to get anything....
Old 07-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

$5.00 is $5.00, I went first to Circuit City to get the game even though I wanted the 360 version only because of the free guide and also I appreciated the fact that they undercut everyone else on the PS2 and Xbox versions. Heck of a marketing decision. If you preorder with the $5 down, can you still buy the game and then return it unopened, and get your entire amount back? Might be a thought for Madden if CC undercuts again!
Old 07-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #38
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4

LOL check out Bestbuysux.org. Looks like there are a few people out there that share your opinion! I personally haven't ever had a problem at my local stores, but I know alot of that depends on being lucky enough to deal with decent employees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »