Home

Just got my first ESPN Classic game on 360.

This is a discussion on Just got my first ESPN Classic game on 360. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Just got my first ESPN Classic game on 360.

I was Minnesota against Wisconsin and won by fieldgoal with 3 seconds to spare....

ok I come out and score 21 unanswered points in the first half...thought wow this is gonna be a walk in the park, but then Wisconsin drove down the field and scored a touchdown at the end of the second quarter 21-7 MINN.

2nd half starts I get the ball, and on the kick return my reciever fumbles the ball and Wisconsin is within my 20 yard line...so they scored another touchdown and it was 21-14 MINN...

on my next posession I go 3 and out and am forced to punt...and again Wisconsin goes down the field(Minnesota's Defense is terrible)and they go through the air and burn me for another touchdown to tie it up 21-21.

then we go back and forth and exchange a couple punts and then I make a drive down the field but can only manage a fieldgoal so I'm up 24-21.

On Wisconsins next possession they make a long drive down field converting 4 3rd downs and taking over 2 minutes off the clock then score a touchdown. 28-24 Wisconsin.

So I get the ball, 38 seconds left on the clock...quick slant to the right side of the field to stop the clock something like 28 seconds left...I do a quick out to my HB and am on the 40 yardline...next play was a hitch to the left side of the field for a big gain all the way down to the 4 yard line...6 seconds on the clock I call a timeout and kick the game winning field goal. 30-28 MINN ESPN classic ranked #1....

Oh wait I must've kicked another fieldgoal in the second half to make it 28-27 and then another fieldgoal to win it..

Anyway the point is, what a great game...

Last edited by rednarb357; 07-20-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Just got my first ESPN Classic game on 360.

I've had 4 so far.

One game I was Clemson and down to Ga Tech 13-0 until the 4thquarter where I scored 14 unanswered to win 14-13....i scored the final td with :5 on the clock

I absoluely love how each game plays differently....one game can be an offensive shootout, the next a defensive struggle

The variation in gameplay is spot on.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #3
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

What are the classic scores?
1500's i think is my highest
Old 07-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
Rookie

backoncampus2009's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: Just got my first ESPN Classic game on 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednarb357
I was Minnesota against Wisconsin and won by fieldgoal with 3 seconds to spare....

ok I come out and score 21 unanswered points in the first half...thought wow this is gonna be a walk in the park, but then Wisconsin drove down the field and scored a touchdown at the end of the second quarter 21-7 MINN.

2nd half starts I get the ball, and on the kick return my reciever fumbles the ball and Wisconsin is within my 20 yard line...so they scored another touchdown and it was 21-14 MINN...

on my next posession I go 3 and out and am forced to punt...and again Wisconsin goes down the field(Minnesota's Defense is terrible)and they go through the air and burn me for another touchdown to tie it up 21-21.

then we go back and forth and exchange a couple punts and then I make a drive down the field but can only manage a fieldgoal so I'm up 24-21.

On Wisconsins next possession they make a long drive down field converting 4 3rd downs and taking over 2 minutes off the clock then score a touchdown. 28-24 Wisconsin.

So I get the ball, 38 seconds left on the clock...quick slant to the right side of the field to stop the clock something like 28 seconds left...I do a quick out to my HB and am on the 40 yardline...next play was a hitch to the left side of the field for a big gain all the way down to the 4 yard line...6 seconds on the clock I call a timeout and kick the game winning field goal. 30-28 MINN ESPN classic ranked #1....

Oh wait I must've kicked another fieldgoal in the second half to make it 28-27 and then another fieldgoal to win it..

Anyway the point is, what a great game...
NICE!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
What are the classic scores?
1500's i think is my highest
oh I only got like 900 from mine but I was so proud...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry this may be something that is dumb to ask, but can you watch your classic games later on? Does the game allow you to save them to your hard drive and watch them at a later time. (If not, imagine how awesome that would be.)
Old 07-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #7
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I have 4, 1200 something is my highest. Ironically all 4 where on Heisman default. Man that mode plays great this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »