Home

Momentum

This is a discussion on Momentum within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #17
K13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Momentum

I lost 62-7 At Virginia (I'm Wyoming though lol)

7 turnovers, I've never been beaten so bad before in my life

But I kind of like it, realistic.

First game I won 24-21 on a last second FG vs. Utah State (equal team)

I guess if you want a challange take someone like Idaho and go play in Florida.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #18
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Two words: Momentum Shift.

All it takes is one big play and that bar can flip around.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #19
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I may have found something that helps. Heisman level. I just had my best game so far. Louisville at ND (me). ND 33 Lou 30. The Irish won the game with 8 yd pass with :08 to go. The great thing about the game was that I was down 14-3 and 30-16.

The bad news is that I'm now starting to get annoyed with CPU playcalling AI. I'm starting a new thread for that.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #20
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

The prima guide says if you achieve the full momentun bar it is a 5% boost to all your player stats. Not sure if this is in reference to the 360 (does current gen have momentum bar?) as most of the book doesn't seem based on the 360 version.

Also it does not say if this is all or nothing or if you gain a % boost for each block you fill on the bar. There are 5 blocks total, no?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not sure if many of you have noticed, but momentum has always been EA football games. As long as I have remembered, ncaa and madden have had some sort of momentum logic whether playing the cpu or human. It seems anytime a person would go up by at least 2 td it was usually a wrap unless they did dumb things. Whenever, I played anyone that was always my goal to get up by 2 tds. Then usually it was clear sailing. Everything just would become really easy. It just seems either the opposing team would lose ratings or my team would gain ratings. Running became easier as the line would start blocking like mad men and your defense seemed to become super human. I'm not saying you stand no chance of coming back if you go down more than 2 td, but usually it was pretty hard unless your opponent slacked up.

Now that I think about it, I remember momentum being in college hoops and live also. I think once you got ahead by a certain amount of points, it started to kick in. It has always been my opinion that some sort of momentum logic was in sports games that I've played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

It may have been included in years past but this year it is skewed. These are the results of the last two games I played cpu vs cpu to test:

Florida 38
Georgia Tech 45

LSU 17
Missouri 49

Both games were on All-American. I have played every NCAA game made and this years is starting out to be the worst I've ever seen as far as simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »