Home

Hi guys... I need help choosing a t.v

This is a discussion on Hi guys... I need help choosing a t.v within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Hi guys... I need help choosing a t.v

I want to buy an LCD, HD tv... nothing big cu i cant afford that but something smaller that looks great but its within the 300-400 price range... what do you guys suggest... help me find the best deal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Hi guys... I need help choosing a t.v

personally, I wouldn't recommend lcd's for gaming unless you play sparingly. I've been out of the electronics retail industry for six months, but when I was at circuit city I doubt if I saw an lcd (an HD once at least) for that price range. I may be wrong though. You may can find a CRT HD for around 6 or 7 hundred. I don't think you'll find an HD less than that unless you something small like a 15 inch, or buy one second hand.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:04 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Like the poster above said, you are NOT going to find an HD TV for that price in less its the size of a postage stamp. For that money, you are betting getting an old fashioned CRT tube because they are dirt cheap but not HD (for most).

There is a high definition TV forum under non-sports gaming and Johnny the Skin is great at answering questions. If you want to look for deals, try nextag or bizrate for online TV places. The US has many different online dealers that offer great prices on HD TVs. I am looking at the Samsung 3251 which is a newer TV with a game mode. Its 32" with good reviews and some online dealers are even under $1100 US but more are closer to $1200 (retail MRSP $1799). The refresh rate is 8 ms so you shouldn't see much ghosting while playing. A good (low) refresh rate on LCDs is necessary for gaming and sports watching in general. I wouldn't buy one with a refresh rate above 8 for that reason.

CRT is great for gaming though, is super cheap but heavy (LCDs are far lighter) and no HD for the most part. You should stick with that for $300-$400. I'm no expert on this stuff though.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Upgrade your pc LCD display:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824014105

Not only can you play your Xbox 360 in beautiful HD, but with a press of a button, switch back and forth between your pc. I love this 20" widescreen LCD display. The best part, it's $295.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »