Home

General recruiting question...linebackers

This is a discussion on General recruiting question...linebackers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
General recruiting question...linebackers

I have the 360 version...unfortunately, my 360 is 650 miles away in Atlanta. I'll be in the game tomorrow night (finally) when I get home.

Anyway, in years past (old xbox), I have usually started with a medium tier team, made them championship caliber, then after a few runs at a national title, jumped ship and started over elsewhere. (I usually sim 75% of my games)

I seem to have found every little trick in the book with recruiting, EXCEPT, I can never seem to get linebackers to like me. I can have the #1 defense in the nation and go undefeated several years in a row, and STILL not get the 4 and 5 star guys to like me...even in state linebackers. I even had a lineback win the Heisman one year (no simming) and couldn't get more than a 3 star the next year.

What am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: General recruiting question...linebackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead916
I have the 360 version...unfortunately, my 360 is 650 miles away in Atlanta. I'll be in the game tomorrow night (finally) when I get home.

Anyway, in years past (old xbox), I have usually started with a medium tier team, made them championship caliber, then after a few runs at a national title, jumped ship and started over elsewhere. (I usually sim 75% of my games)

I seem to have found every little trick in the book with recruiting, EXCEPT, I can never seem to get linebackers to like me. I can have the #1 defense in the nation and go undefeated several years in a row, and STILL not get the 4 and 5 star guys to like me...even in state linebackers. I even had a lineback win the Heisman one year (no simming) and couldn't get more than a 3 star the next year.

What am I doing wrong?
I dont know, i never had too much trouble getting linebackers,

I know you have the most interest when a position is in need on yur team, so if you go into an ofseason with less than 3 OLBs then you will have plenty of guys interested usualy

Also try in season recruiting, when i do it i never target more than 5 guys, which means i can dedicate 20 points to each of them, which all but assures that i will make it to the top 3 in thier choices, usually before the midway point of the season, then take a guess to what tehy want to hear, invite them and cross your fingers

I dont know anything about 360 though, your going to have tofigure that out
Old 07-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: General recruiting question...linebackers

I dont know what you could be doing wrong.

Me personally, I have never had any problems recruiting linebackers. I think it might be because I set the Auto Sub In/Out at a ratio that gets all my linebackers playing time. Then, in blowouts I put the 2nd team in to get them so reps. And when I recruit, I just set it to coaching style. They bite on that pitch a good percentage of the time because they see that they will play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »