Home

I just had the most amazing game!!

This is a discussion on I just had the most amazing game!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: I just had the most amazing game!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeholic
Nice post there Jimplication. I've been seeing alot of negative posts here,seeing yours was cool. Got a question for you-what length of quarters are you playing? that's a pretty high scoring game. Good luck with your dynasty.
I play using 7:00 minute quarters.

My games tend to be high scoring in nature, as I generally pass often, and have the receivers to make the catches in coverage. My secondary usually gives up big plays as well.

Even in my game above where my RB rushed for 3 TDs, he had minimal rushing yards overall.

I enjoy the game very much. I like how it captures the openness of the college game, and also the excitement. It also captures the feeling of overwhelming sitations at times. 3rd and goal on the 2 is not a gimme, and as a result you actually have to be intelligent with playcalls.

Also as a quick aside, the animations in this game are superb, and they tie into the gameplay wonderfully. I love how receivers go up for one handed catches, but rarely make them. And when they do, it looks natural and not fake. In the above game I tackled the RB for a loss in the back field, and he spun, doing a barrel-roll type move, that looked cool. I then was flagged for a 15 yard facemask, and the replay showed the facemask being the cause of the animation. It's impressive stuff. And lastly, players incercept the ball this year more realistically. If they are "wide open" and the ball is thrown to them, they intercept it, and don't hot potatoe it. I was punished repeatedly in my game for forcing the ball into my receiver in a bad match-up, and was only rewarded when the defender was legitimately beaten.

It's a very good game, and I love the prevailing feeling that every game has the potential to be great, even if it seems out of reach initially.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Then I scored twice, and after throwing an INT (Leak was doing mediocre), I benched him and started Tebow. He then had two solid drives, one scoring before being benched for Leak after he fumbled on his own 25.
You've already created a QB controversy in the Swamp!! Its not even August yet lol.

I agree with a lot of your comments about the game. I really like it too and don't have a problem with higher scoring games although I have seen much more defense in this one than 2006. As for the greatness score, it was probably low because there weren't as many lead changes due to your large deficit but the scoring system is weird sometimes too. I had a greatness score over 800 in a game and then I had another one of only 325 but my other two scores got wiped out. My profile sometimes is screwy I think.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #11
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

I'm Miami in my Campus Legend Mode, with my guy as the MLB (so as to not try to pad his stats artificially). My first game was against Florida State.

I start off with the ball...and proceed to score a TD on my first drive with killer efficiency, capping it off with a 24 yard passing TD. I'm thinking, alright momentum on my side, home field advantage, this one's gonna be mine if I just keep at it.

Ha! As Corso would say "Not so fast, sweetheart!" With a combination of poor user defence on my part and turnovers on offence, they had a 24-7 lead at half. Now I was just hoping to make a game of it, telling myself to commit to the run, as in my panicked state, I all but abandoned it in the 2nd quarter trying to slow down FSU and get back in the game quickly.

3rd quarter, pounding the ball on EVERY first down, almost every 2nd down and using alot of play-action on 3rd down (if it got to it), I outscored FSU 10-0 in the quarter, 24-17, and right back in it.

4th quarter, as if to show who's boss, they put up 7 real quick, down by two scores again and feeling hopeless all over again, as my poor user D AGAIN led to them scoring (gotta stop switching off my player to try to defend the pass!). With less than 3:30 on the clock, I was resigned to just make them sweat a little...but instead I scored on a two play drive, a 56 yard run and then a 23 yard TD pass to my stud TE, who ran over a guy and dragged another on his way to paydirt.

Ok, so I had a little hope, and after a quick three and out, my defence gave me a chance with about two minutes on the clock. Unfortunately, I have always had a problem running a two-minute drill in all of EA's football games except Madden 2004 (figures!), so after two foolish throws fairly deep that got easily knoked down, I was trying to come up with a game plan for my next two plays. I decided to run a draw out of a 4 WR Ace set, and picked up 6 yards. NICE! I then tried to mix it up a bit, running out of I-form, having my WR's run short routes, but my TE (impact flashing!) run a deep post. Again, I could've just dumped it off to one of the short routes, but instead got greedy and threw into double coverage to my TE, who actually got a hand on the ball, before tipping it right to the FS. Interception, with about 1:16 on the clock.

Even though I still have two timeouts left, the game is over, IMO. And even when I stop them, three and out, and get the ball back on my 46 yard line, with two seconds to go, I still don't put much hope in it, as any deep attempt all game was unsuccessful. I had my slot receiver run a streak, as well as my TE, on the other side. I snap the ball, and notice right away that my slot receiver burns right by the man covering him. Still has a safety to deal with, but things are looking better. My TE is just getting manhandled, and though I might get a PI call if I throw his way, I'm already rooling the dice with a deep ball, no need to roll it again, hoping for the refs to bail me out.

I notice that my slot receiver and the safety are running step for step towards the end zone. I chuck it up, precision passing high and over the middle. My receiver at this point has about half a step on the safety, but it looks like my QB has overthrown him by a mile (QB accuracy is at 30). However, my receiver seems to be kicking it into an extra gear, and makes a HUGE catch in the back of the endzone, to tie it up. WOW!

OT comes, and the momentum is with me. FSU wins the toss, and elects to have me start on offence. I get close, but have to settle for a field goal. My defence is clearly riding the momentum, and stops FSU, actually pushing them back to the 27 yard line. We end up exchanging field goals.

2nd OT, FSU starts with the ball, and this time I sweat a bit, as they take it down to the 4 before I make them settle for a field goal. Alright, time to show them a little something different and win this thing. I run a FB Blast, and I get through the first wave, but see the MLB coming at me from the right side. Instincts tell me to cut left, forgetting it is the FB, and I forget to switch the ball to the other side. The MLB closes quick, Hit Sticks me, and jars the ball loose. They recover, 37-34 final. I drop from #11 in the country to #17.

Greatest Game score: 1174.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #12
Rookie

goalkeepr's Arena

OVR: 4

I had the most amazing game last night. I lost with FSU in double overtime to Rice (!). It seemed like Rice had a full momentum meter the enitre game.

The next game, I beat NC State 52-14... I really believe the momentum meter makes a huge difference.

I have posted the greatness score (2615), since there is no way you'd believe me otherwise!!

Old 07-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #13
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalkeepr
I had the most amazing game last night. I lost with FSU in double overtime to Rice (!). It seemed like Rice had a full momentum meter the enitre game.

The next game, I beat NC State 52-14... I really believe the momentum meter makes a huge difference.

I have posted the greatness score (2615), since there is no way you'd believe me otherwise!!

WOW, that's amazing. I would love to see what the formula is that EA programmed for the scoring of the greatest games. It'd be kinda neat, I think.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

i just had a game wit a greatness score of 852...i was Purdue and beat Notre Dame 54-52...

i was up 9 with less then 2 min to play

ND scored a TD with 55 seconds left and recovered the onsides kick

ND went all the way down the field and had a 40 yard field goal to win it and we blocked the kick! :-)
Lets go Bucs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »