Home

Recruiting guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #25
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting guide

in 360, where is the school's academic prestige found?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #26
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I have found that no matter where you are located in the country, to be a succesful recruiter you have to win your state in recruiting. Now if you are FAU going up against the big three that may mean no 4*s or 5*s but a boat load of 3s and 2s. There are more diamonds in the rough in the 360 version, you just have to know what you are looking for. I landed a 2* WR with 4.39 speed B+ hands and awareness of an A-. His RS Junior year he finished 3rd in the heisman voting.

Yes this year on the 360 recruiting is more realistic in the fact that you have to be an exceptional recruiter locally (and win games) if you want to be great nationally.

Lastly as far as pipelines go. I don;t think they aren't as effective as they are intended to be. I was able to make South carolina a pipeline state by having 4 players from the state over the next three seasons I was ale to land one player from South Carolina. Hope this was able to help out a little. Recruiting is a big reason why I like NCAA over madden. It is so much more rewarding than getting a guy because you threw the most cash at him IMHO.

EDIT: Oh and in-season(pre-season) recruiting is where you can make the biggest spalsh nationally. You can pretty much pick any player from any state and you will have a decent chance to land them. When I am a small school. I will pick about 4-5 guys that are 4 or 5 stars. I pick so few because I want to give them about 20-25 points each. I makes a huge difference in getting players from outside of your local area.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-24-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #27
Unofficial OS Prodigy

aiahopeful's Arena

OVR: 1

I think that during in-season recruiting you defenitely have to pick about 5 players and give them each 20-25. I experimented once and spread all my points out over 12 players, and ended up signing ZERO players.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Unfortunately this means it takes longer to rebuild a program
That's a bad thing? It will actually be rewarding now, instead of having a 6-6 season with Duke and landing 10 ***** players.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:41 PM   #29
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That's a bad thing? It will actually be rewarding now, instead of having a 6-6 season with Duke and landing 10 ***** players.
Yup. I like how this year you actually have to be methodical with your recruiting. Last year, i could just recruit whoever I wanted regardless if I needed the position filled. I could get 10 5* guys all the time. This year, its gonna be so much more real, and more satisfying once I get good players.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:51 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
Recruiting sounds like a lot of fun on the 360. Must feel a lot more rewarding to land a stud. The new player ratings seem an extra kick to it also.
Truthfully, it feels the same to me as it has in years past. I'm Auburn right now and it seems like half the country is in my pipeline, including Texas and California. I end up with about 6 to 8 5 stars every year (and Auburn has 4 star prestige right now). I usually bounce around looking to build up a different team once mine has reached A+. I started out with Arkansas and went from there.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #31
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah...recruiting got easier for the PS2 IMO, so I've had to implement the house rules based on prestige. Which I hate, because I know I can recruit better then I do, but if I did, then the game would be completely unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 30

Honestly, I don't know how that's possible. On the 360 as a 6*, assuming you use 0 points on staying in the NFL, you get 250 points for recruiting. Say you get 5 players in season and want 22 total. Then you have 250 points to spend on 17 players. Mathmatically, it's impossible to fill those 17 spots by consistantly going outside of the southeast as you can't even use the 16 point option for everyone in the surrounding states, Cali and Texas are at least 12 for the middle option. I call shananigans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »